Started on: 03-08-2004 01:04 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: befarrer on 03-10-2004 03:00 PM
Jeremiah

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2004 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JeremiahSend a Private Message to JeremiahDirect Link to This Post
Should there be any amount of oil around the PCV grommet? I've cleaned it and when I squish the grommet/pcv valve it oozes oil out. (not by the buckets, but you know... a bit of oil comes out of the PCV grommet/PCV black plastic thing/PCV boot sandwich.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2004 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttDirect Link to This Post
Yea, mine used to do that too. I replaced both pieces, and it slowed it, but still oozed a little.
Jeremiah

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2004 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JeremiahSend a Private Message to JeremiahDirect Link to This Post
How are you supposed to keep oil off the engine then? Seems like it should be a fire hazard to let it collect like that...
befarrer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2004 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for befarrerSend a Private Message to befarrerDirect Link to This Post
What year did they change the PCV valve tube on the 2.5L? On my 84, the PCV valve is right at the elbow on the valve cover, where on my 86, the PCV valve is by the throttle body. On my 86, it looks like it is not leaking, or leaking very slowly, and looks like a better setup.

If a new grommet does not work, then I would look at getting a PCV system from a 86 (possibly 85) 2.5L, from the valve cover to the TB. They use the same PCV valve.

------------------

Details on my Fiero here
Member of the Edmonto Fiero Club Please rate me if I helped you!

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock