Started on: 03-08-2004 05:09 AM
Replies: 8
Last post by: tednelson83 on 03-11-2004 05:17 PM
tednelson83

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2004 05:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Direct Link to This Post
what do y'all think about the CAT 1.6 roller rockers listed on ebay? what needs to be done to install them? any thing special? i have a set, but i had a few questions.

------------------

1985 Pontiac Fiero 2.5 SE, 218,000 miles and still runing!!!
more pics of my 85 can be found here
1987 Pontiac Fiero GT, 134,000 miles! She's alive finaly!
1987 Pontiac Fiero 2.8 SE, 54,000 miles :( with frame damage :damon: <- Doomed unless someone has a really cheep frame in so. callifornia! soon to become a camper/trailer!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tednelson83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2004 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Direct Link to This Post
bumpidy bump bump bump
rockcrawl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2004 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rockcrawlClick Here to visit rockcrawl's HomePageSend a Private Message to rockcrawlDirect Link to This Post
They are not great quality, pretty bad actually. Crane Energizer rockers are on sale now and they are much better quality.
tednelson83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2004 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Direct Link to This Post
mine dont look too bad
Tugboat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2004 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TugboatSend a Private Message to TugboatDirect Link to This Post
Inexpensive rockers use inexpensive bearings.

GL

tednelson83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2004 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tugboat:

Inexpensive rockers use inexpensive bearings.

GL

by bearings you mean that half dome peice that goes under the nut? whats wrong with that? they look fine. do they break?

fierobrian

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2004 02:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobrianSend a Private Message to fierobrianDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tednelson83:

by bearings you mean that half dome peice that goes under the nut? whats wrong with that? they look fine. do they break?

i think he means the bearing in the roller tip that rides on the valve

Tugboat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2004 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TugboatSend a Private Message to TugboatDirect Link to This Post
You must have roller tip rockers. I assumed you meant full roller rockers, with roller bearings instead of "that half dome peice" (pivot ball). With the quality of metallurgy seen in inexpensive Chinese products, you may still have problems with them. Lets hope not.

BTW, roller tips have questionable value. Motion studies by Edelbrock showed they don't rotate at some engine speeds, and rotate backwards at others.

GL

[This message has been edited by Tugboat (edited 03-11-2004).]

tednelson83

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2004 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tednelson83Click Here to visit tednelson83's HomePageSend a Private Message to tednelson83Direct Link to This Post
so long as they give me more valve lift, or do something good for my engine i will be happy. i just cant justify $400 for a set of Crane full rockers. im not made of money, and if i was gonna spend buku bucks on an engine i wouldnt waist my time and money on a 2.8. i just want to do a really cheep rebuild. this motor came out of my GT and is going in to my 2m4. i have thase rockers, a new timing set, and a 2030 cam

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock