Do You Recognize These 4T60E Parts? by Tom Corey
Started on: 03-07-2004 06:31 PM
Replies: 8
Last post by: Tom Corey on 03-08-2004 09:56 PM
Tom Corey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2004 06:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post
Found these tan plastic parts in the tranny pan of my 4T60E I'm having problems with (earlier thread). Anyone recognize what they are? I'm wondering if I should even bother putting the filter, new fluid, & Lucas additive in it and putting the pan back on at this point.

[This message has been edited by Tom Corey (edited 03-07-2004).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
L44_87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
User Banned

Report this Post03-07-2004 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L44_87GTSend a Private Message to L44_87GTDirect Link to This Post
Thats bits of a old gasket.I had that in my tranny pan once.
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2004 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
looks like a plastic washer. Goes between a couple of the drums. What problems are you haveing with the trans?
Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2004 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroMaster88:

looks like a plastic washer. Goes between a couple of the drums. What problems are you haveing with the trans?

You are correct, it was some kind of large plastic washer - It is definitely not part of an old gasket. Tranny completely disengages after warm up.

86 FIERO GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2004 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86 FIERO GTSend a Private Message to 86 FIERO GTDirect Link to This Post
Yes, its is a large ring that goes in the transmission as a spacer. When I rebuilt mine( which Mr Pat has) those plastic pieces were all broke and everywhere. As for it disengaging when hot, sounds like the clutches are slipping or its not getting fluid.

------------------

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2004 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
Looked it up today at work. It's a Thrust washer. Goes between the drums, and theres one in the pump. Sounds like you'll have to tear the transmission apart and figure out which thrust washer it is.
L44_87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
User Banned

Report this Post03-08-2004 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for L44_87GTSend a Private Message to L44_87GTDirect Link to This Post
The longer ones looks exacley like my cork gasket when i did a filter and flush change.Sorry for the mis-information
rockcrawl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2004 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rockcrawlClick Here to visit rockcrawl's HomePageSend a Private Message to rockcrawlDirect Link to This Post
Tom,
I noticed in another thread (I'm staying away from that one) you said you were changing the trans. If you go to a different gear ratio I'll need to send you a new chip.

Jon

Tom Corey

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2004 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tom CoreySend a Private Message to Tom CoreyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rockcrawl:

Tom,
I noticed in another thread (I'm staying away from that one) you said you were changing the trans. If you go to a different gear ratio I'll need to send you a new chip.

Jon

That's a great point that I had completely forgotten!! If I have to replace it (I do - or pay to have it overhauled) I can pick a ratio that is a bit quicker. Seems like you sent me the ID's when you were doing the chip. Would you please resend the info so I will know which tranny to look for. Thanks.

Note to the rest of you guys - the transmission guy said the parts are the thrust washer.

[This message has been edited by Tom Corey (edited 03-08-2004).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock