Started on: 03-06-2004 12:48 AM
Replies: 0
Last post by: Hank is Here on 03-06-2004 12:48 AM
Hank is Here

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2004 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Hank is HereSend a Private Message to Hank is HereDirect Link to This Post
First off I'll admit this post off topic but not totally since both these engines get swapped into Fiero's

My daily driver an 88 Chevy Celebrity with Gen II 2.8 blew a head gasket. I need to get the motor replaced this weekend. I have two choices of motors a 3.1 with 185,xxx from a 91 Lumina which should be a bolt in. The second motor I just found tonight a Gen III 3.1 from a 94 Grand Am with 95,xxx. I was going to put in the motor from the Lumina until I could get the 2.8 fixed, but now this Gen III 3.1 has me thinking.

Can the 3.1 Gen III be a almost bolt in swap for the Gen II 2.8? I plan on keeping the TH125C that is in the car now. The only small things that appears that need to be changed moving of the DIS brick, and possibly swapping the EGR from the 2.8 onto the 3.1. Exhaust, power steering, cooling system all appear to be bolt in. I would be using the Celebrity harness and computer and 2.8 A/C system, basically just still making the good old Chevy still think it is running the 2.8. The only other area appear that would need work is the routing of the accelerator, cruise and TCC kickdown but that should not be a show stopper.

Here is the real punchline....I need to have the swap done by the end of this weekend. If the 3.1 Gen III is a bolt in this should not be a problem. Wadda you think?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock