Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  How much nitrous can a 2.8 handle? and how fast can it be?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

How much nitrous can a 2.8 handle? and how fast can it be? by Exotic Rida
Started on: 03-04-2004 12:28 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: TaurusThug on 03-04-2004 03:56 PM
Exotic Rida

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
User Banned

Report this Post03-04-2004 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Exotic RidaSend a Private Message to Exotic RidaDirect Link to This Post

hello all im posting questions all over this forum to further my new exotic ride.

i want to do a 3.4 TDC swap (i have the motor) but inthe meantime i want to install a lil boost on the 2.8.

can it handle a 80 shot?

how fast might it be?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
linenoise

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 121
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2004 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for linenoiseClick Here to visit linenoise's HomePageSend a Private Message to linenoiseDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Exotic Rida:

hello all im posting questions all over this forum to further my new exotic ride.

i want to do a 3.4 TDC swap (i have the motor) but inthe meantime i want to install a lil boost on the 2.8.

can it handle a 80 shot?

how fast might it be?

Someone onefast2m6 (I think) was running a 125 shot, but had major work done to prevent puddling of the nos, I seem to recall he got intot he 12's like that.
Where Minngt when you need a search?

ditch

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2004 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ditchSend a Private Message to ditchDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Exotic Rida:

can it handle a 80 shot?

how fast might it be?

I'm not a nitrous person, but I've read time and time again that there is a "50% rule"
Your motor (2.8) is supposedly rated at 140hp, so 50% of that would be 70hp, so the rule would say you can run a 70hp shot safely...at least on a strong motor

Dave

TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2004 03:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
how fast do you want to go and how many times do you want to use it? if its a one time deal then prob a 200 shot but if you do it on a daily basis maybe a 50 shot would be good. keep in mind you might cause a rod to get thrown, reason to put in the TDC ?

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

www.KylesFiero.tk
www.XoticRydz.tk

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock