urgent help needed with haynes manual by starquake
Started on: 03-04-2004 09:40 AM
Replies: 6
Last post by: spark1 on 03-04-2004 11:17 PM
starquake

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2004 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for starquakeSend a Private Message to starquakeDirect Link to This Post
please help, i need to know till tomorrow morning (central european time) whether the haynes manual contains the emission data for the fiero. i have a haynes manual but i left it in my car when i took it to the repair shop for an engine renovation. my green card (emission test card) is invalid since last december and unfortunately shops which do these green cards don't have any data for the fiero. but maybe they would accept the haynes data.

help please. ta

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2004 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
my haynes manual has information on checking and repairing the emissions system, but no specifications for what are acceptable emmissions values. there might be something on the Vehicle Emission Control Information (VECI) sticker inside the decklid. sorry i cant be more help.
starquake

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2004 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for starquakeSend a Private Message to starquakeDirect Link to This Post
thanks for your answer. the problem is that as far as I remember, my VECI sticker is completely unreadable. the printed parts just simply disappeared by aging.

many thanks again.

dguy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2004 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dguySend a Private Message to dguyDirect Link to This Post
Post your year & model information. Out of the 8,800+ members on here, I'm sure at least one reader with the same year/model as your Fiero has a readable VECI sticker.

------------------

his: 1985 2M6 SE
½ poly'd, ½ Koni'd, formula nose & factory sub

hers: 1984 2M4
all stock... so far ;)

starquake

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2004 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starquakeSend a Private Message to starquakeDirect Link to This Post
the problem is that i would need an official or at least printed statement of emission values.

anyhow, maybe i found a place where they will measure my car and if the values are under or equal to the ones presently in my "green card", then possibly the will give me the new one. keep your fingers crossed.

otherwise i don't know what will i do, because i had to find out, that OFFICIALLY fiero emission values are unavailable in hungary.

i didn't know that my car will be this rare over here.

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2004 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
the VECI label on my '84 4cyl has no useful emissions numbers. it has info about setting timing, a vacuum hose diagram and says no idle mx or speed adjustments.
spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2004 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post
Aren't the only numbers that count are the ones all vehicles had to meet for the model year? Here are the requirements in grams per mile the EPA required in the FTP75 test as shown at http://www.allpar.com/fix/EPAMethods.html

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock