Started on: 03-02-2004 09:27 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: stimpy on 03-04-2004 06:09 PM
James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2004 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Direct Link to This Post
Do high amp coil packs work (or are the snake oil)?Are they worth the money?Can you feel the diffrece, or is it the same as the stock coil pack?Please post your comments ...........................Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
stimpy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post03-02-2004 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post
My only experience with a non-stock coil was with an Accel Supercoil. Piece of JUNK! I strongly advise against that particular product.
James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2004 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Direct Link to This Post
Bump, any more comments?............
Scott-Wa

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2004 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Scott-WaClick Here to visit Scott-Wa's HomePageSend a Private Message to Scott-WaDirect Link to This Post
I'd stick with original equipment or A/C Delco... I personally avoid most of the aftermarket like the plague... it's all advertising hype unless you have a need for something like an MSD ignition box. A coil by itself will not get you 1hp increase over stock. It either works correctly or it doesn't. Multispark ignitions can help smooth out idle and give a bit more torque especially at lower rpms on modified engines, but unless it needs a particular coil to match that box, aftermarket coils are all about advertising.
TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2004 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
i have a Accel super coil and i noticed a BIG difference
im sure my stock one was dead but i got another 3mpg back and a little more kick in the pants in the bottom end.

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

www.KylesFiero.tk
www.XoticRydz.tk

stimpy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 386
User Banned

Report this Post03-04-2004 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stimpySend a Private Message to stimpyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TaurusThug:

i have a Accel super coil and i noticed a BIG difference
im sure my stock one was dead but i got another 3mpg back and a little more kick in the pants in the bottom end.

Of course you're going to notice a difference replacing an old "dead" coil with an Accel. Now go and compare your Accel with a new AC Delco or Borg Warner OE style coil. I think you'll find the difference less compelling. My biggest gripe with the Accel coil was that it's lifespan was only 1 month longer then it's 6 month warranty. If you are running Accel, I highly recommend that you carry a spare.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock