Socket for axle nut by bobmarshall
Started on: 03-02-2004 07:24 PM
Replies: 10
Last post by: Lambo nut on 03-03-2004 05:08 PM
bobmarshall

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2004 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bobmarshallSend a Private Message to bobmarshallDirect Link to This Post
I have looked everywhere for a 30 MM deep socket to remove my axle nuts. Sears, Home Depot, Lowes and several parts stores no luck. Does anyone know where to get this socket. Thanks.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
STRATOHACKER

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2004 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for STRATOHACKERSend a Private Message to STRATOHACKERDirect Link to This Post
I got mine from Snap-on. If you do not have axcess to a dealer you can go to Snapon.com and order it from them.
Hope this helps
Richey
lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2004 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
i got mine at autozone. i hear most parts chains sell them, or even loan them.
you may also find this current thread interesting :
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/047302.html

ditch:

[This message has been edited by lurker (edited 03-02-2004).]

ditch

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2004 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ditchSend a Private Message to ditchDirect Link to This Post
Go to your local autozone. They rent them out. You pay $15 bucks for it, and get the $15 back when you return it.
Dave

Edit : Doh! Lurker already mentioned this, guess I should have read the thread first

[This message has been edited by ditch (edited 03-02-2004).]

theogre

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2004 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
any place that carries Lisle tools should be able to get them.
That means many parts stores. Tho you may have to order it.

------------------
Edison Carter: When did the News become Entertainment?
Murray: Since it was invented.

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top of every forum page...)

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2004 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareDirect Link to This Post
Kinda off the subject but I just recently had to remove the axles nuts and bought the 30 mm socket but got it home to find out it was to big.. Went back and got a 29 mm and it fit perfect,why the differance? When buying the 30 mm at the parts store,we checked for the size buy using a rebuilt shaft which was a 30 mm and it fit fine. Is there a differnace in axles shaft sizes?
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2004 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
It's hard to believe you're having a hard time finding it. It's a VERY common size nut, since most GM axle nuts are that size. Try NAPA, AutoZone, Pep Boy, etc. They should all carry it, but it may be in with the specialized tools and not with the regular sockets. Sears has a limited supply of automotive-specific tools, so they may or may not have one.
css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2004 06:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Direct Link to This Post
And I *have* seen them at Sears, so maybe they are out of stock sometimes and that's why people have had trouble finding them there.

I found it helpful to have both the 29 and the 30mm, although it seems some nuts are too tight for one, and too loose for the other. But like MstangsBware said, it really seems like the 29mm is better sometimes.

arte444

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2004 01:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for arte444Send a Private Message to arte444Direct Link to This Post
I had a hell of a time finding it also. Ended up purchasing one off the internet somewhere.
p.s. don't pay more than $30 =(

------------------
-Kyle
Email: arte@sek-c.com
Aim: Littlechugger
1987 Notchback 4cyl. (Busted Tranny)
1992 Corsica 3.1L GT =P

whobeyoube

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2004 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whobeyoubeSend a Private Message to whobeyoubeDirect Link to This Post
Got mine at Ace Hardware
Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2004 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutDirect Link to This Post
O'reilly's...............$9.95
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock