Oil pump 2.8 to 3.1 by mr.Fiero
Started on: 03-02-2004 04:15 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: sublime922 on 03-03-2004 03:00 PM
mr.Fiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2004 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mr.FieroSend a Private Message to mr.FieroDirect Link to This Post
What pump to me to put on the new motor 3.1L? I have compared, it seems they differ on the size a little. It is possible to put the pump from 2.8L or it is necessary from 3.1L.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
peabody

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2004 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for peabodySend a Private Message to peabodyDirect Link to This Post
There is an aluminum one and a cast one. Both work, but use the iron one as it is higher volume. Be sure that the oil pick up tube is correct for the oil sump.
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post03-02-2004 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Yes, the oil pump and the tube that runs to the bottom of the oil pan on the bottom of the engine must match the oil pan. Make sure that the oil pickup tube does not touch the bottom of the oil pan, and is not too far from the bottom too.

JazzMan

sublime922

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2004 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sublime922Send a Private Message to sublime922Direct Link to This Post
i have an 86 v6 that i am turning into a 3.2 ....its a different 2.8 block that i used...not the one from the car, but i am going to use the oil pan and timing chain cover that came off the car...can i use the oil pump pickup from the car? i bought a new pump...and how do i go about getting it off the old one and onto the new one
sublime922

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2004 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sublime922Send a Private Message to sublime922Direct Link to This Post
anyone?

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock