Performance sound! by camon
Started on: 03-02-2004 01:03 AM
Replies: 5
Last post by: mrfiero on 03-02-2004 12:55 PM
camon

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2004 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for camonSend a Private Message to camonDirect Link to This Post
I have an 86 GT that is coded for the performance sound system (however some of it I believe was removed) but never seeing one before I have questions concerning the setup!

I recently decoded the RPO's on my 86 GT and seen it came with performance sound but not sure what all has been ripped out of the car!

What comes with the performance system.......? (Overhead sub control, sub inclosure w/sub, Amp and top of the line delco head unit!) Did I miss anything???????

I know the stereo has been removed (it has the plain jane model). I also don't have the overhead control for the sub (standard fiero overhead light). The sub inclosure is present but I believe the grill is missing (I can reach my hand up inside the inclosure). Now for the question i'm really unsure of.......Where is the amp located (it has probably been removed as well but I don't know where to look for it)????

Thanks!

------------------

Keith F.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Unltd1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2004 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Unltd1Click Here to visit Unltd1's HomePageSend a Private Message to Unltd1Direct Link to This Post
Amp would be on inner passenger side footwell (by where your left calf would be)... you cant really miss it..(under the carpet and under the plastic thats attached to the center console skeleton..

hope that helps

camon

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2004 04:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for camonSend a Private Message to camonDirect Link to This Post
Thanks!

+ for your help!

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2004 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
It sounds like your sub is missing too. It normally resides behind the speaker grill in the enclosure. If you can put your hand into the enclosure, it is gone.
Ales

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2004 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AlesSend a Private Message to AlesDirect Link to This Post

You also need the wiring harness, because if the system got ripped off your car they certanly also got the wiring harness that connects the stereo outputs to the amplifier, the amp to the sub, and 2 more cables from the amp that goes up to the a-pilar to the slider control.

Have Fun ...
Ales

mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2004 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroDirect Link to This Post
The performance sound option came with the followng:

-maplight w/slider
-speaker enclosure w/5.25" woofer
-wiring harness from radio to speaker
-EQ radio
-upgraded dash and sail panel speakers (dual cone vs. single)
-amplifier

There really isn;t a whole lot to the system, but it increases the sound of a stock system pretty well. I retrofitted my 19K mile '88 GT with a performance sound system. I had a new beechwood maplight slider and new GM woofer, as well as a "new" EQ radio from a super low mileage Fiero. The only things I did not/could not replace were teh dash and sail panel speakers.....mine are still the original single cones (green label), but it still sounds 100% better than before.

------------------

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock