Easy intake for the 4.9L by collinwestphal
Started on: 02-29-2004 11:48 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: BV MotorSports on 03-01-2004 12:36 PM
collinwestphal

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2004 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for collinwestphalSend a Private Message to collinwestphalDirect Link to This Post
when I first did my 4.9 swap, I wasn't aware that the stock 6 cyl air intake was so restrictive. I am going to remove that whole assembly, and would like to use some sort of cone filter setup. What have the rest of you used? Whats the easiest way to convert that annoying oval shape from the caddy intake to a round shape? what size pipe should be used? 3"? thanks for any and all help.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Mastermind

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 207
User Banned

Report this Post03-01-2004 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MastermindSend a Private Message to MastermindDirect Link to This Post

I thought about that too. I decided to keep the canister but use a K & N filter.
collinwestphal

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2004 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for collinwestphalSend a Private Message to collinwestphalDirect Link to This Post
anyone else?
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2004 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post
You can use 3 inch mndrel bends and copy the CRX style CAI. The oval hose will fit a round pipe easy. Or you can do the following:

------------------
'02 Subaru WRX 14.61@91.87mph bone stock
'95 R33 Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec NISMO stage 1 400bhp
'88 Fiero Formula 5-speed, sunroof, YELLOW! **under restoration**
'87 Fiero GT 4.9/4T60e w/3.33 final drive, ZEX nitrous 65hp shot, 88 cradle w/ 325# coil overs, Poly everything, Upgraded sway bars, KYB's, 16X7 M11's, 11.25 "Zettner" front brakes, Complete MSD ignition w/ 6AL box, Custom 2.5" Flowmaster exhaust, Grand Sport Corvette paint, Carbon fiber interior trim, '98 T/A CD w/ ETR, Reverse Indiglo guages, Pillar mounted AutoMeter O2, Hella H4 conversion.
Follow its built up here:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/027460.html
Sadly... SOLD.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock