Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  So fricken close... gas line that goes into injector leaking, need new one? *big pic*

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

So fricken close... gas line that goes into injector leaking, need new one? *big pic* by headhunter
Started on: 02-29-2004 06:15 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: fierobear on 02-29-2004 08:53 PM
headhunter

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2004 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for headhunterSend a Private Message to headhunterDirect Link to This Post

Ya know the gas line that plugs into the injectors from the lower intake? Well, where it connects to the injectors it has started leaking as I tried starting the new 3.1. Any fixes for this? If it has to be replaced, how do you take the thing off?

I tried tighting this further... didn't work out.

Ivan

[This message has been edited by headhunter (edited 02-29-2004).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post02-29-2004 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
The cold start injector line is probably just fine, but the O-ring inside is junk. The kit with all new O-rings for the cold start injector system is $18, but you can go to http://www.mcmaster.com and order a package of # -105 O-rings in Viton (not Buna-N or nitrile like common parts store O-rings are typically) for around $5 plus shipping. Make sure you get Viton, other materials will fail quickly due to the heat in that location.

BTW, I cropped and resized your pic and put it here: http://www.fierocentral.com/images/misc/coldstarttubeleak.jpg

you can right click/save as and replace the mongo pic you have here now.

JazzMan

[This message has been edited by JazzMan (edited 02-29-2004).]

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2004 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
Mine did the same thing. There are a couple of "o" rings that help seal it off. I just had to find some around the same size that were fuel proof. I found some Brown ones at one of the autopart stores that I had to ground down a bit to make them work. So far no more leaks. P.S. don't drive the car that way unless you want an engine fire.
fierobear

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 383
Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2004 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobearSend a Private Message to fierobearDirect Link to This Post
Be absolutely certain you use the right size. I tried one that I thought was close enough, and it created a fuel geyser.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock