Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Stud on the heads ?? And where does it go?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Stud on the heads ?? And where does it go? by webqaz
Started on: 02-27-2004 11:29 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: smartaxel on 02-28-2004 08:45 PM
webqaz

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2004 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for webqazClick Here to visit webqaz's HomePageSend a Private Message to webqazDirect Link to This Post
Ok so I was putting the engine back together tonight. I took it apart about a month ago so its been awhile. Anyways I was giong to put my new heads on my 2.8L and each head takes 8 bolts to attach it to the block. In my can I have a stud mixed in with all these bolts. Does this stud go into one of the bolt holes? And if so which one?

Thanks,
Jeff

------------------
'85 SE 4 Speed
----------------------
No Cat
Holley Scoup
Holley Throttle Body

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2004 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
The stud goes on the firewall side head on the outside corner near the battery. I think either a bracket or a ground wire attaches to it.
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post02-28-2004 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
Yep, right end of the forward cylinder heat, it's the main battery ground.

JazzMan

webqaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2004 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for webqazClick Here to visit webqaz's HomePageSend a Private Message to webqazDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys!

------------------
'85 SE 4 Speed
----------------------
No Cat
Holley Scoup
Holley Throttle Body

Mark

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2004 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkSend a Private Message to MarkDirect Link to This Post
Jeff, you really should be using new head bolts. At least that is what I've read and done when I pulled a head. Of course, the new head bolt set will not come with the stud for that back right-hand corner.
David DeVoe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2004 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for David DeVoeSend a Private Message to David DeVoeDirect Link to This Post
Jeff, your original head bolts were torqued to yield and cannot be reused at least not with confidence. New bolts are cheap insurance.
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post02-28-2004 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
None of the Fiero V6 motors used TTY bolts, as long as they're in good shape and clean when reinstalled they'll work fine. Of course, getting new bolts is extra insurance, but the old bolts aren't know for breaking unless they're in really bad shape.

JazzMan

smartaxel

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2004 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for smartaxelClick Here to visit smartaxel's HomePageSend a Private Message to smartaxelDirect Link to This Post
New sets do not come with the stud anymore. 2.8 studs arent made anymore. You can substitute a Camaro 3.4 stud for it you like.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock