Started on: 02-26-2004 11:00 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: GT86 on 02-27-2004 06:54 AM
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2004 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
Well, Pulled the old shock off to put the KYB's on and noticed the shock mount on the drivers side front didn't look right. Looked at the passenger side and realized the bolt hole wan't just elongated, but the mount had broken off on one side (see pic in circle area).
So since I really don't want to tear it all apart at this time, I don't suppose anyone knows of someone with welding skills in the C.R. Iowa area? Any other ideas?

Thanks for any help,

Dan

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
DanielKJenkins

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2004 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanielKJenkinsSend a Private Message to DanielKJenkinsDirect Link to This Post
Is that rust damage? Is there also some rust near the control arm bushings?

If it is rust I would recommend replacing the lower control arm. Maybe some rust resistant coating to stop the rust in other areas.

Just my opinion. I do not live in an area where rust is a problem so I do not have a lot of experience with rust.

DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2004 06:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
That is rust damage, I believethat is the only area where rust is on the control arm. After sleeping on it, I'm thinking the same thing though. May have to make a trip to the boneyard and see if I can find a decent control arm.

Thanks for the help,

Dan

GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2004 06:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by DanFiero:

That is rust damage, I believethat is the only area where rust is on the control arm. After sleeping on it, I'm thinking the same thing though. May have to make a trip to the boneyard and see if I can find a decent control arm.

Thanks for the help,

Dan

If you can't find a decent arm locally, let me know. There's plenty of Fieros in the yards around here, and rust isn't a problem in the desert.

[This message has been edited by GT86 (edited 02-27-2004).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock