problem with headliner, m3 mirrors, speakers by jaygt
Started on: 02-26-2004 12:33 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: jaygt on 02-26-2004 10:51 PM
jaygt

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-26-2004 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaygtClick Here to visit jaygt's HomePageSend a Private Message to jaygtDirect Link to This Post
i took out my headliner today. can i get the sponge backed headliner at a fabric store? i had the name of the glue but i cant find it. its made by 3m. any help?
im taking the stock mirrors off and using the m3 mirrors for a civic. im going to mount them on the small triangle of plastic in the corner of the glass above stock mirror. how can i get that out? i took the one screw out but is sticking near the dew strip. is it glued up there?
replacing speakers. kinda funny that the front speakers are made in japan stock. can i find replacement speakers for the ones behind the seats? weird size.

i was thinking of replacing the gauges in the extra pod above the hearter controls. i have auto meter phantom gauges for oil pressure, bat, and nitrous pressure. all three would fit across replacing the stock two gauges. anyone done this?

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2004 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post
The headliner fabric you can get an almost any upholstery store. I wouldn't use the 3M spray adhesive, though. When it gets hot outside, the fabric will start to sag, at least in my experience. Use Weldwood Contact Cement. Once that stuff sets, that fabric will never come off.

About the mirrors, just make sure that when the window is up it won't hit the mirrors. I'll have to look in my service manual, 'cause I can't remember at the moment how to remove the triangle.

Front speakers are 4"x10", rears (not in the headrest) are 4"x6". I replaced all four with Pioneers. There aren't many companies these days making 4x10 speakers, the selection 4x6 isn't too bad.

jaygt

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-26-2004 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaygtClick Here to visit jaygt's HomePageSend a Private Message to jaygtDirect Link to This Post
thank you gt86. does anyone know the name of the special 3m spray made for stuff like this? i found it before but lost it.
Fiero STS

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2004 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSDirect Link to This Post
There is a screw under the roof that goes into the A pillar. You can only remove it with the roof off.
ig88vsbobafett

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2004 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ig88vsbobafettSend a Private Message to ig88vsbobafettDirect Link to This Post
I just got headliner at Joanns Fabric at about $9.00 a yard
NotAFieroAnyLonger

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 255
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2004 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotAFieroAnyLongerSend a Private Message to NotAFieroAnyLongerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ig88vsbobafett:

I just got headliner at Joanns Fabric at about $9.00 a yard

how many yard's did you get?

------------------

AKA. "SmoothGT"....

Custom Built W I D E BODY~GT!!

"I would rather be hatefully remembered, then just forgotten!!"

1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2004 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroDirect Link to This Post
Steve,
1 yard is just enough to do one Fiero.

------------------

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2004 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post
The 3M adhesive that they refer to as being bad is the "Super 77" or "Super 90" that you find in craft and office supply stores. Check an auto store (NAPA around here carries the professional 3M stuff) for 3M "General Trim Adhesive" or even "Super Trim Adhesive" (which I've been using to glue fabric on Fiberglass Kart seats). They are designed specifically for automotive applications and to sustain high temperatures.

As for the M3 mirrors - I'm really looking forward to seeing what kind of progress you make on these. If you're going to mount them to the triangles... then as previously mentioned - make sure they'll clear the door glass when the door opens. Then let us know how it goes

For the b-pillar speakers - you should be looking around for 4x6s they're not the most common, but there are a number available.

3 guages to replace the 2? very do-able... MN3800 (here on the forum) was making a 3-place guage face for that location. Not sure if he still is or not (I'll try to find the thread).

------------------

Looking for Fiero posters?

MinnGreenGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2004 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MinnGreenGTClick Here to visit MinnGreenGT's HomePageSend a Private Message to MinnGreenGTDirect Link to This Post

MinnGreenGT

11545 posts
Member since Jul 2001

Originally posted by MinnGreenGT:

3 guages to replace the 2? very do-able... MN3800 (here on the forum) was making a 3-place guage face for that location. Not sure if he still is or not (I'll try to find the thread).

Here's what I was thinking about: //www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20031229-1-033490.html and //www.fiero.nl/forum/Archives/Archive-000002/HTML/20030819-1-026557.html (he's also got a post in the mall right now... so he's still online and watching )

jaygt

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-26-2004 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jaygtClick Here to visit jaygt's HomePageSend a Private Message to jaygtDirect Link to This Post
test fitted old m3 mirror. your right it hits the glass. im sad.

im going to look for that 3m glue thanks

i am interested in that plate your friend made. i was going to make it out of lexan.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock