Started on: 02-24-2004 01:20 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: SpideR W on 02-24-2004 03:14 PM
befarrer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2004 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for befarrerSend a Private Message to befarrerDirect Link to This Post
On my 86 the engine mount is totally shot as it is resting on the frame. I cannot see the tranny mounts to visually see if they are good or not. The engine looks level, but the dog bone is angled down (which is why I checked the engine mount). I went to the parts store NAPA, and they list tranny mounts (one $11, one $31), but only list an engine mount for the 84-85 models. I have a 5-speed in this car, so according to the Fiero Store book, the 84-85 and 86 standard use the same mounts. So I will assume that the 84-85 mount ($35 from NAPA) is the mount I need. Also, I think it would be a good idea to replace the tranny mounts too right? Even if they are good (probably not)
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
watts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2004 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for wattsSend a Private Message to wattsDirect Link to This Post
5spd firewall side 2762
5spd trunk side 2467

These are Anchor part numbers for the Getrag 5spd (just in case someone transplanted an Isuzu into yours).

------------------
87/88 V6 5spd "FormulaGT"

My pages: http://www.fieroclub.com

http://www.fierohut.com

befarrer

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2004 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for befarrerSend a Private Message to befarrerDirect Link to This Post
I have a 4 speed Isuzu. Forgot that.
GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2004 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTSend a Private Message to GTDirect Link to This Post
I'll assume you have an 86 V6 4-spd? Not sure if you have AutoZone up in Alberta, but if you go to www.autozone.com you'll see that you can get a front mount for $9.99US and either tranny mount for $8.99US. I've bought these mounts and they seem to be good quality with a lifetime warranty.

------------------
-Rick Stewart
85GT Turbo 3.4TDC/5-speed in progress
http://www.thestewartconnection.com/fiero/fiero.html

GT86

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 165
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2004 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GT86Send a Private Message to GT86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by befarrer:

Also, I think it would be a good idea to replace the tranny mounts too right? Even if they are good (probably not)

I would replace all of them. When one starts to go bad, it puts more stress on the others. If one's gone, the others are probably not far behind. Also, many times if you don't replace them all, the engine ends up sitting at an angle.

SpideR W

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2004 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpideR WSend a Private Message to SpideR WDirect Link to This Post
Definately replace them all. Like the others have said, when one fails, it stresses the others. Since you'll be under there anyways, you may as well just do them all.

Regarding compatability, I ordered the front mount from the fiero store, and it looks to be exactly right (don't have it in yet), so based on that I would trust the one from NAPA.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock