aluminium v6 by pft_217
Started on: 02-23-2004 01:31 PM
Replies: 9
Last post by: Rickady88GT on 02-24-2004 01:09 AM
pft_217

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2004 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pft_217Click Here to visit pft_217's HomePageSend a Private Message to pft_217Direct Link to This Post
http://www.60degreev6.com/index.php?p=pages&pid=21

what do yo all think about this... anyone heard of this block before? anyone knows if it's available ?

[This message has been edited by pft_217 (edited 02-23-2004).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ducattiman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2004 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ducattimanSend a Private Message to ducattimanDirect Link to This Post
sure i have heard about like 7 years ago,,and if my mind serves me right ,,gm wanted around 6500 canadian in ontario,,for the cost of that block i am allmost sure they have alot sitting some where gathering dust
pft_217

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2004 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pft_217Click Here to visit pft_217's HomePageSend a Private Message to pft_217Direct Link to This Post
holy f.. that's a hell lot of money.... guess i'll stay iron cast.... lol
ducattiman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2004 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ducattimanSend a Private Message to ducattimanDirect Link to This Post
sure it is,,,better to get a alum sb then to get that thing
stevegibbs

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
User Banned

Report this Post02-23-2004 01:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stevegibbsSend a Private Message to stevegibbsDirect Link to This Post
I heard that there is one dude that is putting one in a fiero or has already done it. And I think there is a guy in the archives who lived in alaska that did it too. Phaeton I think his name was? But either way it would be pretty cool to have an all aluminum 60 degree in the back with a turbo or nitrous or something.

------------------

newbie extreme

ducattiman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2004 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ducattimanSend a Private Message to ducattimanDirect Link to This Post
still think it would be cheaper to get a ferrari engine off of eby.de
Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2004 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post
$6500?? Wow, i've never seen them go for that much. Usually they're around 3k here. Still a lot but not that much.
If i remember correctly, the aluminum block is missing the little guides to guide the trans into place. They're like little feet or something that help center the trans where it's supposed to go. There was a lot of discussion as to whether this was a critical thing to have or not. All this is from memory so i could be off or wrong on this.
Anyone else remember? Shaun was doing the swap but i'm not sure if he ever completed it or not.

------------------

Activities Director N.I.F.E.

stevegibbs

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
User Banned

Report this Post02-23-2004 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for stevegibbsSend a Private Message to stevegibbsDirect Link to This Post
$6500 is obviously not US money. Do the conversion and its about $4k or so. I think GM performance parts sells them for like $3300 or something. Maybe less. Been a while since I checked.

The dowels to line the block up with the tranny might not come on the block but are able to be purchased separately. I remember reading it somewhere before. In fact I think they have their own part number.

Phaeton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2004 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhaetonSend a Private Message to PhaetonDirect Link to This Post
I paid 3200 USD for the block, this was eight years ago and I got it through a GM dealership.
Yes it would have been cheaper to build a small block chevy engine and put in an Archie kit. BUT, what with the aluminum heads and tubing headers the engine assembly weighs in close to 100 pounds lighter and 50 horsepower stronger.
Lotsa bad roads with nasty corners, don't need 200 plus horsepower, just a quick and nimble fun car.

------------------

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2004 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
My V6 is all aluminum

------------------

Rickady88GT QuadCam 3.5 V6

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock