anyone here run a centerforce clutch? by jim123185
Started on: 02-20-2004 05:58 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: Russ544 on 02-20-2004 06:50 PM
jim123185

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2004 05:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jim123185Send a Private Message to jim123185Direct Link to This Post
I'm asking because I'm thinking about getting one for my car when I'm doing a turbo swap, someone on the forums already recomended it but I want to know what some other people think, because I don't want to have to replace a clutch in this car twice. I also noticed on their website that there's a Centerforce I avaliable, and a dual friction version. Is the dual friction version a very streetable clutch? Thanks for the info.

Edited for spelling

[This message has been edited by jim123185 (edited 02-20-2004).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2004 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
Ling has a dual friction with a 350. i think it's very streetable. i will say that if i dump the clutch in fifth gear at too high of an RPM it doesn't really grab hold until i let off of it a bit.. but if i'm fully engaged before i get back on to the gas it holds fine.

and it was a huge improvement over a completely new stock clutch. it never could hold the torque. even if i was completely in gear and just mashed the gas to the floor it would slip.

------------------
Buddy - there are two "G"s in my name
Ling = 84SE-350-N2O-Poly-Mr.Mike seats-Sequential turn signals-short shifter
Julia C = 85GT stock (kinda)
KCFOG

[This message has been edited by buddycraigg (edited 02-20-2004).]

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2004 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I have the Centerforce Dual friction clutch in my car with a 2.8 to 3.4 engine conversion from ARI. The clutch is very streetable but must be broken in properly before heavy use. I also would not reccomend heavy use every day on any clutch, unless you want one that slips. Mine doesn't slip so far, but I like to baby it anyway.
Russ544

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2004 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Russ544Send a Private Message to Russ544Direct Link to This Post
I have the dual friction version behind my 350. It was fine when I had ~350 hp, but now with 425HP it's not holding it very well.
The centerforce has soft pedal presure (similar to the stock clutch), but I'll be going to the Spec clutch when this one dies. I understand the Spec is a bit stiff, but holds much better.
For a daily driver under 350 HP I would still use the Centerforce for it's smooth engagement and light pedal however.

Russ

------------------
86 SE350 x 4 speed (my way)
86 SE2.8 x 4 speed (all-option restored)
88 coupe x 5 speed (future IMSA 4.3L project)

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock