Started on: 02-20-2004 10:07 AM
Replies: 15
Last post by: Two88GTs on 02-21-2004 03:00 AM
Dave Gunsul

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 105
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2004 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post
Normally i always use the Accel 8.8's but i'd like to keep the red and black theme i've got going on in the engine bay this time so i'd like to use the red 8.5 wires but there doesn't seem to be a custom fit set for the 60* engine. I've seen and read about people using them on Fieros so if someone could give me the part number of the set i'd really appreciate it.
Thanks.

------------------

Activities Director N.I.F.E.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2004 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
PM sent
Solo2

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
User Banned

Report this Post02-20-2004 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Solo2Send a Private Message to Solo2Direct Link to This Post
Check out Magnecore. This is top of the line stuff. There is no better.
Magnecore 8.5mm Spark Plug Wires Part # 6538 (KV85 8.5 mm)

Color: Red

Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2004 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post
I'm open to the Magnacores. I have heard good things about them here on the forum.
I know some people with other cars who have used the MSD's so i'm more familiar with them and they're easy to get (if i had the part number that is) so that's why i have asked about them in the first place but i'd consider the Magnacores instead. I think that was you that emailed me about them solo2 and i replied with some questions but i'll post them here so anyone can answer who might have the Magnacores;

1.Where did you get them?
2. Are you happy with them?
3. Are they custom fit to the Fiero V6 or did you have to cut them yourself?
4. How much were they?
Thanks for the replies.

Solo2

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
User Banned

Report this Post02-20-2004 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Solo2Send a Private Message to Solo2Direct Link to This Post
Sent you PM with all your answers
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2004 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post
Last time I ordered a set they were for a 4.3L v6 GM. Sorry, dont have a p/n.

Steven

avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2004 06:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
www.summitracing.com has Red Taylor made custom fit wires. Part number TAY-74224 but they are only 8mm, they also are only $39.69 for the set.

[This message has been edited by avengador1 (edited 02-20-2004).]

ditch

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2004 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ditchSend a Private Message to ditchDirect Link to This Post
Whats with all the PM's guys? Are the part numbers a secret?

I was going to get an MSD wire set for an 8cyl and just not use the extra 2, but if there's a set for the 6cyl, it would be nice to know

Dave

Capt Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2004 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Capt FieroClick Here to visit Capt Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Capt FieroDirect Link to This Post
I dont have my MSD Catalog handy, but I bought the V8 Custom set, I had to cut and crimp all the ends and connectors. But am very happy with it. It also left me with extra wire and connectors to use as replacment parts later on.

------------------
85GT 2.9 4spd MSD Everything, Big Cam and Nitrous. www.captfiero.com

Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2004 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post
Just so everyone knows, nobody's PMed me with the MSD part numbers so you haven't missed anything. The Magnacore wires and Taylor part numbers were PMed to me but those have been posted here so you haven't missed anything.

I'd really like an MSD 8.5 set that's made for the 60* V6. I haven't found one but i did find a universal V6 set. Is that what everyone's using for the Fiero V6?
Not sure which wire i'm going to go with at this point but i'd still prefer the MSD 8.5'ers.
So, if anyone has that part number i'd appreciate it.
Thanks for all the replies.

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2004 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
I could tell you this in IM sine I'm talking to you that way right now, but I'll post here instead. My 8.5MM MSD wires should be in by friday, so I'll have the PN. Only problem is that they are blue. Why MSD"s are blue, I dont know, but they are. You saw my old ones Dave.
There Exact fit for a V6 Buick/Pontiac/Olds. I think it's the older 3800's or something..not sure. I'll post the PN's as soon as they get here.

EDIT
And thats what happens when you order something from someone and never check it. I ordered 8.5MM wires, and got 8mm wires. So it turns out I'm an idiot! I guess I'll be ordering some DIFFERENT wires in 8.5MM, and maybe I can get red now.

------------------

88 Coupe 3.2L V6
60* V6 Power Baby!

[This message has been edited by FieroMaster88 (edited 02-21-2004).]

PFF
System Bot
Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2004 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately those aren't the ones i'm looking for. The blue wires are the Helicore ones where as the 8.5 red (now available in black too) are the "super conductor" plug wires.
The "super conductor" wires are the ones i'm looking for the part number for.

Even though i told you this alread on IM; i love that new sig! One question though; is that a dead body in your pass seat or is it just someone who's "TIREd" <inside bad pun>
Good work Rob.

[This message has been edited by Dave Gunsul (edited 02-20-2004).]

watts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 117
Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2004 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wattsSend a Private Message to wattsDirect Link to This Post
Let me be the one to put an end to this 'mystery'....

MSD part number *gack* *cough* Oh no! choking... hack....

yeah yeah... ok... 31189.

That's for the 8cyl universal set (cheaper than the others - go figure! - cheaper in volume I guess).

Dave Gunsul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2004 01:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave GunsulSend a Private Message to Dave GunsulDirect Link to This Post
How is the fit with those? There is a universal GM V6 set too that i did find but i didn't want something that would have wires to long or, worse yet, to short.
Two88GTs

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2004 02:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Two88GTsSend a Private Message to Two88GTsDirect Link to This Post
double post

[This message has been edited by Two88GTs (edited 02-21-2004).]

Two88GTs

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2004 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Two88GTsSend a Private Message to Two88GTsDirect Link to This Post

Two88GTs

570 posts
Member since Mar 2001

Originally posted by Two88GTs:

Dave, I have the MSD 8.5s. Bought them four years ago from Summit Racing thru one of their reps over the telephone. Told him that I had a V6 Fiero and he sold me the aforementioned MSD-31189 universal V8 set which is exactly what you are looking for. You will have to cut the wires yourself.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock