Steering knuckle cover?? by Techbot
Started on: 02-18-2004 02:33 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Blacktree on 02-22-2004 06:41 PM
Techbot

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2004 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TechbotSend a Private Message to TechbotDirect Link to This Post
Here I am driving in my newly acquired Fiero when I go to turn and feel something hit my foot! I get home and look right above the brake pedal and notice that the steering knuckle is uncovered. It hits my foot each time I turn sharply and the knuckle does its rotation. I don't remember EVER having this on my old Fiero.

------------------
Techbot's Homepage

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Techbot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2004 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TechbotSend a Private Message to TechbotDirect Link to This Post
bumpity bump...
fiero67

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 107
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2004 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero67Send a Private Message to fiero67Direct Link to This Post
That sounds weird....I dont ever remember seeing a cover for it, but yet I never heard of it swinging over and hitting my foot either....is one of the shafts bent?...I assume youd notice it if it was...weird
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2004 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
The U-joint has a setscrew that sticks out the side. I've found that if I put my foot too high on the brake pedal, the setscrew will hit my toes as I turn the wheel.
Techbot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2004 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TechbotSend a Private Message to TechbotDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

The U-joint has a setscrew that sticks out the side. I've found that if I put my foot too high on the brake pedal, the setscrew will hit my toes as I turn the wheel.

Yeah exactly. I just don't remember having this problem in my old fiero so I didn't know if this one was missing a cover or something there

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2004 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
Hmm... neither my '6 coupe nor my '87 SE had any type of boot to cover the U-joint. And the setscrews on both would hit my toes if I had my foot too high. I got into the habit of resting my heel on the floor to avoid this... and I only wear a size 9 shoe.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock