Started on: 02-15-2004 08:50 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Francis T on 02-17-2004 11:31 AM
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2004 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
I've been told by my local GM dealer that the cable whichs connects the distributor (not the cap) pulses to HEI unit is no longer available! Mine has a broken locking clip, heck both of those cables do, anyway, everytime they get a little lose, there goes my ignition. I'm willing to either pay a premium for a new one or solder up new connectors myself. So, does anybody know where to get those connectors or that mini cable harness and no, I rather not get a used one that's only going to dryout and brake too. Thanks people
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2004 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Direct Link to This Post
They call those connectors "weather pack" connectors. I believe AutoZone can get them. If not, check with your GM dealership. They can get you the crimp on ends and weather pack connectors.

------------------
James Essar
88 Coupe 3.2L V6
60* V6 Power Baby!

JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post02-15-2004 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
The pigtail as it is called can be purchased for the same general year model S-10 pickup with the same engine, they're still stocked. It is slightly longer, but not enough to be an issue.

JazzMan

spark1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2004 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2004 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I think you can also get them here www.fierostore.com
Francis T

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2004 11:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
thanks a lot people. Oh, that diagram was exactly what I wanted. The leads will help too since the stock unit is a little tight and longer wires would help.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock