Engine vent grill colour? by richz_fieros
Started on: 02-14-2004 12:38 AM
Replies: 8
Last post by: I'm Back on 02-14-2004 01:03 PM
richz_fieros

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2004 12:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for richz_fierosSend a Private Message to richz_fierosDirect Link to This Post
Could someone tell me what colour (OE) the engine vent grills should be (the paint is currently badly deteriorated on them ). I have an '88GT....all black. Also....the carpeting has been replaced and is black....is that correct for the gray interior...or should it be gray? Any suggestions on repairing paint damage on the rear bumper cover? What products should i use for that? Thanks.

Richard

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierobrian

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 80
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2004 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobrianSend a Private Message to fierobrianDirect Link to This Post
i like to use a engine paint for the heat factor (i have had VERY bad luck both time with grills paint)i used a smi-gloss black that i got at wallmart but prep is the key i like blast them or at a very lest wire brush them then primer then SANDING AND MORE SANDING IF YOU USE A WIRE BRUSH .then top coat and i like to use a clear too (the paint i got sells ahigh temp clear ).
I'm Back

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2004 03:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackDirect Link to This Post
I used a 3 part enamel after sandblasting and priming, and it didn't stick real well. I say powdercoat them. Anyone do it yet?
Deezlfitr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2004 03:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeezlfitrSend a Private Message to DeezlfitrDirect Link to This Post
Remove the lower screens (for better air transfer) and have them powdercoated satin black! End of line!
SplineZ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2004 04:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SplineZClick Here to visit SplineZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to SplineZDirect Link to This Post
im gunna blast mine and paint'em with duplicolor glossy black high temp paint.. should look pretty killer

James Z

------------------

lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2004 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
flat black bbq grille paint has worked very well on mine for the last year.
$Rich$

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 397
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2004 10:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for $Rich$Send a Private Message to $Rich$Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by lurker:

not flat but semi /low gloss, it is HANDS DOWN the PERFECT finish!!

------------------

Rich AIM: ONE FAST 2M8

fiero67

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 107
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2004 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero67Send a Private Message to fiero67Direct Link to This Post
I like the BBQ grill paint...high temp...and remember if you dont like flat paint , you can always use a gloss clear coat over the paint to give you any shean you would want...and as far as the carpet...it wasnt black...I believe they only came in grey or tan....and red for the indys....correct me if I am wrong. Red was the only solid color if I remember right....to the eye..the grey and the tan looked solid but it wasnt...it was a mixer of variable colors within that color. I hope I didnt confuss you. John
I'm Back

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 260
Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2004 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for I'm BackSend a Private Message to I'm BackDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lurker:

And on hot days you can fix lunch on it

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock