Started on: 02-13-2004 07:12 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: PaulJK on 02-15-2004 05:25 AM
Razor_Wing

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2004 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Razor_WingSend a Private Message to Razor_WingDirect Link to This Post
Ok, I've been installing DKOV's CF headliner, and I got it in, except I can't get the d@mn A-Pilar back on! Mainly the driver side. Anyone know of any "tips" or anything for it? After I get it done, I'll post pics, along with some pics of my NEW paint .

------------------

Check my car out at Car Domain!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2004 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
did you get new clips? If not look up Rodney Dickman. The old clips will either brake or distort but sometimes they can be reused. That is if you are talking about the plastic trim that covers the A pillar?

------------------

Rickady88GT QuadCam 3.5 V6

Razor_Wing

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2004 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Razor_WingSend a Private Message to Razor_WingDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

did you get new clips? If not look up Rodney Dickman. The old clips will either brake or distort but sometimes they can be reused. That is if you are talking about the plastic trim that covers the A pillar?

Yeah, I'm talking about that plastic peice that goes over the door. The problem at the time is not the clips, but I can't get it to go forward enough (need 1/4 to 1/2 more!) and I'm afraid of breaking it! lol.

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2004 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTDirect Link to This Post
If all thouse clips dont line up and go in the holes it wont go anywere
Chris_narf

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2004 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris_narfSend a Private Message to Chris_narfDirect Link to This Post
It takes a bit of fidgeting, but it *should* go back in. If you do end up breaking off the clips another option is to use heavy duty velcro. Stick the fuzzy side on the a piller and stick the hook side on the plastic piece. Good luck

------------------
-Chris
'85 SE

Razor_Wing

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2004 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Razor_WingSend a Private Message to Razor_WingDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chris_narf:

It takes a bit of fidgeting, but it *should* go back in. If you do end up breaking off the clips another option is to use heavy duty velcro. Stick the fuzzy side on the a piller and stick the hook side on the plastic piece. Good luck

Ok, cool. I'll keep that in mind. The big problem is, I can't get it forward enough, lol!

PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post02-15-2004 05:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKDirect Link to This Post
See my new thread on this subject - I thnk it will help

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock