Started on: 02-12-2004 12:51 AM
Replies: 6
Last post by: TimGully on 02-12-2004 08:03 PM
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2004 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
Well we haven't yet got the coolant hose going into the intake manifold to seal properly as it keeps coming off and leaking coolant everywhere. My question is what are you guys doing to make the hose stay in the manifold? Here is a picture of the hole in the manifold I am talking about. Tell me what you did and what will work. Would tapping the intake work to hold it so the pressure doesn't push it out again for the 3rd time. It is actually my heater hose. What size tap would work if that is the route I need to go to make sure it is done right and fixed permanetely.

Thanks guys.

------------------

Maroon 1987 GT 5 spd: 2.8L
Ferrari Red 1988 Formula 5 spd: 3800 Series II Supercharged In & Running.....

My Website: http://www.members.cox.net/rare88/
CarDomain Website: http://www.cardomain.com/id/rare87gt

[This message has been edited by Rare87GT (edited 02-12-2004).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RCR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2004 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCRDirect Link to This Post
Mine is still in process (ok, it's on hold), but I plan on bringing the heater hoses to the back using the stock 4cyl steel heater return hoses. I have mine, and bought a second one for the other hose. I'll route them in the stock location, then run rubber line to the inlet/outlet on the alt bracket.

I've looked at your post several more times because I don't think I answered your question. Are you trying to connect to the hole under the snout of the supercharger? If so, you'll need to attach some kind of nipple for the hose. I think the hole is too large to tap for a 3/4" pipe thread, so I'm not sure what you'd use.

[This message has been edited by RCR (edited 02-12-2004).]

Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2004 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking maybe a freeze plug. That should work? Anyone else using one for that in the manifold?
Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2004 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
Why not just use the stock 3800 setup and take the heater output from the outlets on the water pump?
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2004 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
Too much custom stuff going on in my engine bay So a freeze plug would work wouldn't it? Reliably is what I mean.
Darth Fiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 361
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2004 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Darth FieroClick Here to visit Darth Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Darth FieroDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking about using a pipe-thread tap and then screwing a pipe fitting into the intake with a hose nipple on it. I don't know what size it has to be, I have not measured the hole yet but that is always something you could try.

------------------
power corrupts. absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Custom GM Chip Burning | Fiero Engine Conversions | Turbocharging | dtcc.cz28.com

TimGully

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2004 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TimGullySend a Private Message to TimGullyDirect Link to This Post
A 3/4 inch NPT pipe tap is perfect for the hole. You need to drill it to mmmmm 59/64 if I remember correctly - whatever the 3/4 inch pipe tap calls for. I tapped mine while I had it apart, but before that, I ran the GTP plastic elbow into the intake, and on the other end of the elbow I forced the heater hose around it and clamped off. I held the elbow in with a small angle iron bracket using one of the intake manifold bolts.

Hope that helps.

-Tim

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock