Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  What year did the oil Pressure sending unit placement move?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

What year did the oil Pressure sending unit placement move? by paulcal
Started on: 02-10-2004 08:29 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: paulcal on 02-10-2004 08:52 PM
paulcal

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2004 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paulcalSend a Private Message to paulcalDirect Link to This Post
I noticed that on my 85 V6 block that I removed, the oil pressure sending unit is right next to the oil filter but on the engine I'm using as a replacement, it has moved away from the filter via a tube and is upright on the side of the motor.
I was told when I bought the motor that it cam out of an 86. In an effort to date the engine is this correct? Is that the year that this modification was made to the location of the sending unit?

------------------

The 2.8 to 2.8 swap has
begun.

AIM-jaxpac257

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Milton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2004 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MiltonSend a Private Message to MiltonDirect Link to This Post
If im not mistaken its by the oil filter unless you have air conditioning. My 87 is right by the oil filter and i dont have air conditioning but the 86 i have is up higher like your talking about and it has air . Hope this helps
Oreif

Feedback score:    (19)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 442
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2004 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OreifClick Here to visit Oreif's HomePageSend a Private Message to OreifDirect Link to This Post
With A/C ~ Oil pressure sending unit on extension pipe near valve cover.
Without A/C ~ On block at the base of the oil filter housing.
For all 1985 thru 1988 2.8L Fiero's.
jelly2m8

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 243
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2004 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jelly2m8Send a Private Message to jelly2m8Direct Link to This Post
Milton is correct, non-AC cars have the sender located in the block next to the oil filter, and A/C equipped cars have them located remotely up near the top of the engine.

The only year anything changed on the 2.8 oil pressure sender was in 88, but that was just an updated pressure sender and weather pack connector, the locations remained the same there.

Lol Oreif, you posted as I was typing , I gotta get rid of the 2 finger method

[This message has been edited by jelly2m8 (edited 02-10-2004).]

paulcal

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2004 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paulcalSend a Private Message to paulcalDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, that would explain it. My 85 is factory delete air, and I had to remove the air conditioning compressor, since I didn't need it, on the replacement motor.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock