interesting 2.8 supercharger by virii01
Started on: 02-10-2004 07:04 PM
Replies: 19
Last post by: cancerkazoo on 02-10-2004 11:52 PM
virii01

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2004 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for virii01Send a Private Message to virii01Direct Link to This Post
I've never seen this before, maybe someone can provide more info.

link: http://www.mobeck.com/mt/Wiggo%20Kvamtro.asp

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CaddyRob

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2004 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CaddyRobClick Here to visit CaddyRob's HomePageSend a Private Message to CaddyRobDirect Link to This Post
That a nice Clean install! I like it! looks like a m90(like off the 3800 SC) Hope someone knows.

Later;

StansGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2004 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StansGTSend a Private Message to StansGTDirect Link to This Post
What ever happened to that super smart guy from Sweden, who was working on a SC for his 2.8. He seemed to have alot of really awsome ideas on how to manifold all of that stuff together!

------------------
02' 3800SC Poly, Koni, 17" 245-40's, "RWD" V6SC>V8 ;)

Firefighter1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2004 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Firefighter1Send a Private Message to Firefighter1Direct Link to This Post
Might even be an Eaton M 45, but what a clean looking alternative installation. More information please. Ed

------------------

Firefighter1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2004 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Firefighter1Send a Private Message to Firefighter1Direct Link to This Post

Firefighter1

452 posts
Member since Apr 2003
I forgot to ask this also - What's the deal with the distributor that isn't there? The gizmo where the cruise control mechanicals has taken the place of a distributor, I guess?????????? Ed
Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2004 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
According to the website, it's an Eaton MP62.

What's the deal with the distributor that isn't there?

It looks like the distributer was replaced with an aftermarket electronic ignition system.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 02-10-2004).]

virii01

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2004 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for virii01Send a Private Message to virii01Direct Link to This Post
I have no more information than whats on that webpage, sorry.
DanielKJenkins

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2004 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanielKJenkinsSend a Private Message to DanielKJenkinsDirect Link to This Post
Swedish translation?

Viggo Kvamtrø's Pontiac Fiero with Compress Mortar Nergaard had hats storsjau at this auto ah at the same time fabricate a Eaton compress fra Mobeck Technic on the. Latter Eaton MP 62 yourself gear til ah gi 0.5 bare ladetrykk on V6'ern as yourself drills til 3 litre Innsugs rør yourself liver ah sveiset of Mobeck Technic Elektromotive innsprut yourself liver of Haugesund Boost A spent Viggo am standing her on speed hjem til Stavanger der husk auto adjust ah wes sheep watch hvor mye effect the became

derangedsheep

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2004 08:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for derangedsheepSend a Private Message to derangedsheepDirect Link to This Post
how does he get to the spark plugs?
DanielKJenkins

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2004 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanielKJenkinsSend a Private Message to DanielKJenkinsDirect Link to This Post
Danish translation?

Viggo Kvamtr's Pontiac Fiero with Compress Mortar Nergaard animosity hats storsjau that this autobahn ah that tea same lesson fabricate a Eaton compress from Mobeck Technic on tea. Laugh Eaton MP yourself gear to ah gi 0.5 only ladetrykk on as yourself guy to litre Innsugs rr yourself cheer up ah sveiset of Mobeck Technic Elektromotive innsprut yourself cheer up of Haugesund Boost A spent Viggo am stand here on accelerator homes to Stavanger there remember autobahn aide-de-camp ah wes sheep watch where mye effects tea became

DanielKJenkins

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2004 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanielKJenkinsSend a Private Message to DanielKJenkinsDirect Link to This Post

DanielKJenkins

439 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Looks like 3.0 liters? 7PSI boost?

Tea, hats sheep, autobahn?

PFF
System Bot
Fastback 86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2004 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
How is it being driven? I don't see a belt anywere, but maybe its just the picture.

Still cool though.

fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2004 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundDirect Link to This Post
It looks like the SC drive pulley will be in the alternator location. I assume the alternator has been moved to the A/C compressor location. Clean install, but it looks like you'd have to remove the SC to change plugs though.

------------------

3.4L S/C 87 GT www.fierosound.com
2002/2003 World of Wheels Winner &
Multiple IASCA Stereo Award Winner

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 02-10-2004).]

Firefighter1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2004 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Firefighter1Send a Private Message to Firefighter1Direct Link to This Post
Perhaps the alternator has a double pulley to accomodate a second belt which is tensioned somehow by a hinged fabrication on the Eaton M 62, maybe that's the purpose of the intake pipe connection midway on the pipe; otherwise it could easily be made from one continuous piece. The US price for the Eaton M62 from the Web site is $ 2,367, don't know about the rest of the install, but I emailed the site. Maybe I'll get some response tomorrow

------------------

Fierobsessed

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2004 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobsessedSend a Private Message to FierobsessedDirect Link to This Post
Its not an m90, thats for sure

One thing that bothers me is the SC is sitting on top of the exhaust manifold, and What anchors the blower?

[This message has been edited by Fierobsessed (edited 02-10-2004).]

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2004 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidDirect Link to This Post
Yep, that application would really be screaming for an inter-cooler!!!
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2004 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Direct Link to This Post
Magnusun made a similar blower for the Grand Am 3400SFI in the SC/T concept car, but this blower looks a bit smaller. Similar mounting, though.

TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2004 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
wheres the TB?

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

www.KylesFiero.tk
www.XoticRydz.tk

sennyGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2004 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sennyGTSend a Private Message to sennyGTDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone tried e-mailing him?
-Greg
cancerkazoo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2004 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cancerkazooClick Here to visit cancerkazoo's HomePageSend a Private Message to cancerkazooDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TaurusThug:

wheres the TB?

I'm assuming it's on the SC inlet.

Steve

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock