Clutch Dilemma, Out Of Ideas by Delphince
Started on: 02-09-2004 12:57 AM
Replies: 3
Last post by: lurker on 02-09-2004 01:37 AM
Delphince

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2004 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DelphinceSend a Private Message to DelphinceDirect Link to This Post
Ok, here's a little bit of history first. My car is an 86 Fiero SE. The initial problem was the car had great difficulty going into gear; reverse being neigh impossible. We completely bled the system, and after doing so, it could be shifted with one finger. So it seemed problem solved, but it came back 30 miles later. Pushing on the clutch, little bubbles came up in the slave cylinder, so we figured it was a bad seal that kept putting air back in the system. We put in another slave cylinder from what I believe to be a Fiero Fastback, so it took a little modification, but it pumped fine with no bubble problems when we were done. But that's when the problem got a hundred times worse, and is our current dilemma. It absolutly refuses to go into gear, even though it's getting exactly 15/16ths of an inch throw on the clutch pushrod. My brother's a certified mechanic, and he's completely stumped. He even tried sticking in a makeshift pushrod that was a full inch longer than normal, but still it wouldn't disengage. Our first thought is that the transmission is bad, but as I said, not two days ago we managed to get it to work flawlessly for a few dozen miles. Any advice would be appreciated.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2004 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
welcome!
i think the throw should be more like 1 & 1/4 inch...
Delphince

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2004 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DelphinceSend a Private Message to DelphinceDirect Link to This Post
Thanks ^.^ Proud new Fiero owner; I've been wanting one for ages. So as you can imagine, this little problem is a bit frustrating, heh. According tot he Fiero Factory, 15/16ths was actually what to expect (citing that 7/8ths won't provide full disengagement). If it was 1.25 though, I'm not sure what I could do, seeing as there is no way to adjust it (thanks a bunch GM).
lurker

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 236
Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2004 01:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lurkerSend a Private Message to lurkerDirect Link to This Post
look here: http://www.v8archie.com/archism.htm
i especially endorse # 7 and # 6

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock