3800 sc conv help, please! by Cadillac Jack
Started on: 02-08-2004 02:00 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: FIEROFLYER on 02-08-2004 03:28 PM
Cadillac Jack

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2004 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cadillac JackClick Here to Email Cadillac JackSend a Private Message to Cadillac JackDirect Link to This Post
I have a 3800 sc from a '97 GTP. Does anyone know what the theft deterrent circuit effects exactly. I know it turns the fuel pump off/on and perhaps the starter solenoid. Neither of these issues matter to me since they are easily bypassed. But.. Does it also effect the functioning of the injectors and/or ignition (closed loop etc.)? I want to make this as simple as possible. Do I have to inject 50hz at the PCM, or can I just merely turn the fuel on with the relay.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fieroX

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 372
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2004 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroXClick Here to Email fieroXSend a Private Message to fieroXDirect Link to This Post
it does a combo of shutting off the fuel pump, and disabling the ground to the injectors. Bypassing the fuel pump isnt a problem, as you can just hotlead the fuel pump wires to an accessory. The ground on the injectors though, is the problem. You will either need a 50hz square wave signal to the pcm, or put a bcm in there. You can also buy a reprogrammed pcm that has all the vats deleted. I think thats the best way, but be prepared to spend $400.

Ryan

Cadillac Jack

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2004 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cadillac JackClick Here to Email Cadillac JackSend a Private Message to Cadillac JackDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Ryan! The $400 smakers don't btoher me, where do I get it? What can you tell me about bypassing the EGR. I have it mechanically bypassed but I'm concerned what the PCM is going to d with th pintle position informatio (or lack thereof).
FIEROFLYER

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2004 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FIEROFLYERSend a Private Message to FIEROFLYERDirect Link to This Post
Go to a wreckers find a car with a passkey module and key, remove and install in car and wire to PCM. Works great as extra security against theft. Basically if the key is still in the ignition and it has a resistor on it search behind glove box for module. Key is matched to the module and thats it.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock