Started on: 02-05-2004 04:31 PM
Replies: 11
Last post by: NEPTUNE on 03-10-2004 10:24 PM
HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 52
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2004 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDSend a Private Message to HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, I've got a few questions regarding this motor.

First and formost, what kinds of numbers does this thing spit out? Will it need a ton of mods to make it go fast? How much would a complete set-up (engine/trans, everything) set me back? Is this a very versital motor? Are there any mahor tweaks/problems with the motor? Where would be an easy place to go 'motor hunting'?

Sorry for the 20 questions round there. I'm doing an Opel GT right now, and I was wondering if this drivetran would work well in there. It wouldn't kick into high gear till this summer, but I'd like to get a 'heads up' look on whats out there. Hmmmm...Opel GT, Fiero, MG Midget.....anyone notice a trend with my cars? ::SHRUGS:: Oh well, thanks a mill. guys! ^_^ -Ben

------------------
Fiero: Get in, sit down, shut up, hold on!!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
The Aura

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2004 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The AuraSend a Private Message to The AuraDirect Link to This Post
www.l67swap.com

This is a agreat resource for all those questions, you'll even recognise a few faces from pennock's over there.

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2004 06:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYDirect Link to This Post
the site mentioned is good.. its growing over there still and more are welcomed..

the series 2, the one you'd most likely want cause theres aftermarket market for it.. kicks out 240 HP 280 TQ. The motor was used in a bunch of cars, regal, bonneville, grandprix, ultra and a few others. Not really any problems with the motor the 3.8 has been around for some time now and the 3800 is newer version of it. I've seen people on clubgp.com hit 160,000+ with no problems.

http://www.car-parts.com

------------------
88 5spd Modified 3800 Series II SC Formula
Modifications 2004 - Intercooler | 2.8 pulley | 1 inch drop | Interior | 17 inch wheels

Fiero STS

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2004 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero STSSend a Private Message to Fiero STSDirect Link to This Post
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2004 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Direct Link to This Post
Alittle off your topic , but what you doing to the Opal GT?
A guy here has one for sale with a turbo charged 4.3.
Pretty cool little cars.
HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2004 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDSend a Private Message to HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jb1:

Alittle off your topic , but what you doing to the Opal GT?
A guy here has one for sale with a turbo charged 4.3.
Pretty cool little cars.

I dunno what I'm doin' with an OpEl GT, I just sorta ended up with it. And the MG too...I dunno. Me and little cars....I dunno. I just like my little sports cars. ::SHRUGS:: you could almost say I have a fetish....a fetish for little cars that go fast.... HOLY SHIOT!! I'M TURNING INTO A RICER! QUICK! GO GET AN AXE!! CUT MY HEAD OFF NOW, BEFORE I MUTATE AND BUY A CIVIC DX!!!! AAAAAAH!! ::RUNS OUT OF HOUSE SCREAMING, RUNS BACK IN:: frack ITS COLD!!!! ^__^ -Ben

------------------

jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2004 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Direct Link to This Post
Actually it is Twin Turbo charged 4.3, But he is asking 2600 for it.
I have always had something for small cars that are little differant from the norm. I have 3 fieros now , I had 2 porsche 914's 240z and a fiberfab avenger.

[This message has been edited by jb1 (edited 02-06-2004).]

HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2004 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDSend a Private Message to HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDDirect Link to This Post
Could you possibly get pictures of the engine bay/set-up of the 4.3 in there for me? That'd be awesome!! If not, a pic or 20 of the car sholud suffice......Let me know...-Ben

------------------

jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2004 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Direct Link to This Post
I will try to catch him at his work and get pics , the car stays parked there with a for sale sign, He has all digital guages.
HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeD

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2004 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDSend a Private Message to HoMiE_TeLeFrAgGeDDirect Link to This Post
::ORGASMS:: DIGITAL GAUGES?!?!?!? THAT WAS MY IDEA!! I HAVE TO SEE IT NOW!!! I'LL...I'LL....I'LL DO ANYTHING TO GET THOSE PICS!!!!!! I'LL TUNE EVERY FIERO YOU'VE GOT, I'LL LICK YOUR FUEL INJECTORS CLEAN, I'LL KILL ALL THE RICE IN YOUR AREA!!!! PLEASE!! PICTURES FOR THE BEN!!!! I'LL EVEN GO AND HAVE SE- (sorry folks, we had to sedate him after he lost his insanity after hearing about some Opel GT for sale...he'll be back in about a day or so....) -Ben's Moderator

------------------

dennis_6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 115
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2004 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dennis_6Send a Private Message to dennis_6Direct Link to This Post
What have I done?!?! lol
PFF
System Bot
NEPTUNE

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 288
Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2004 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NEPTUNESend a Private Message to NEPTUNEDirect Link to This Post
Be sure to check out Thrasher Engineered Performance. They claim 300+ HP with minor mods. Neat stuff.
The perfect Fiero swap, IMHO.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock