Fuel leak!! by GlennGdman
Started on: 02-05-2004 04:22 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: GlennGdman on 02-07-2004 03:27 PM
GlennGdman

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2004 04:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GlennGdmanSend a Private Message to GlennGdmanDirect Link to This Post
I have an 87 GT V6 - 5 speed that has been sitting for about a year or so. When I started it up and there was a faint smell of fuel but no leak noticed. A week later when I went to start the car again it would not start this time and the fuel smell was overwelming. I thought it might of been leaking from the tube that connects to the inlet side of the fuel filter because it was rusty and had a twist to it. I replaced the line and a new fuel filter and the leak is still there. I left the key in the "on" position and climbed back under the car and the leak seems to be coming from the top of the tank. What is up there that could start leaking all by itself ? I am thinking it might be a line from the fuel pump but i am not sure. Don't laugh but has anyone ever replaced a fuel pump by cutting a hole in the floor to get at it? The reason I am asking is because I have an x-frame under the body to strenghten the chassis because it is a convertable and would hate to have to cut the x-frame out. Sorry about going on and on but wanted to be spacific. If I do need to replace the fuel pump, does anyone have one that is in good shape? Thanks for all of your help!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
CC Rider

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2004 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
GlennGdman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2004 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GlennGdmanSend a Private Message to GlennGdmanDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the reply but if it was the filler tubes wouldnt it only leak when adding fuel? mine only leaks with the key in the on postion.
James Bond 007

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 263
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2004 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for James Bond 007Send a Private Message to James Bond 007Direct Link to This Post
Possibly a ruber hose,it may not be on far enough or a hose clamp thats not tight enough.Most likely the ruber fuel line that connect from the fuel tank to the fuel filter line.Try tightening the hose clamp.

[This message has been edited by James Bond 007 (edited 02-05-2004).]

GlennGdman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2004 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GlennGdmanSend a Private Message to GlennGdmanDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the replies! I will let everyone know what the problem was once I drop the tank

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock