Help before the rain comes!? by SandstormGT
Started on: 02-05-2004 09:08 AM
Replies: 1
Last post by: stuartlowery on 02-05-2004 11:51 AM
SandstormGT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2004 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SandstormGTSend a Private Message to SandstormGTDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, I only have around 2 days to work on my car and get her going before the rain comes so here goes. **********Is there any way I can replace the spindle without taking everything apart again? I put everything back together only to realize(visually) that my spindle was bent and I was trying to get out of removing all the ball joints and stuff like that, thanks alot. Also, I just order my KYB Gr-2 struts, when they come in, can I take them and my ST rear lowering springs in to a shop and have them matched up and then bring them home and do a direct swap or will I need some extra parts or replacments? Thanks alot everyone!

~Adam

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
stuartlowery

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
User Banned

Report this Post02-05-2004 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for stuartloweryClick Here to visit stuartlowery's HomePageSend a Private Message to stuartloweryDirect Link to This Post
you don't have to remove the ball joints from the arms but only have to unbolt the wheel, brake, hub, Upper ball joint from the spindle, Lower ball joint from the spindle, Steering knuckle and anything else that may get in the way. If you just replaced all your ball joints you may get lucky and they may pop out really easy. Just don't Hammer on the shaft. If you must pop it out with a hammer support the spindle with a jack and tie in the spring have a block or jack stand under the arm to catch it and put the nut on half way then pop it. This way the the end of the shaft doesn't get mushroomed or the threads damaged. Shouldn't be too hard.
IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock