3800 (series 1&2) Question by Mad Max Motorsports
Started on: 02-04-2004 12:42 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: jb1 on 02-05-2004 07:21 PM
Mad Max Motorsports

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2004 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mad Max MotorsportsSend a Private Message to Mad Max MotorsportsDirect Link to This Post
On both the 3800 series 1 and 2 there is a "screen" in the throttle body which I belive is for smoothing out the airfow into the TB. Has any one removed this? Compairing before and after differences in power and MPG?

------------------
'88 Fiero Formula "Interceptor"
'90 Trofeo "Interceptor XB"

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2004 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Direct Link to This Post
I removed mine by the advice from ppl from Bonnevilleforum.com and noticed no differance. I lleft it on the bench for a couple days and it ended up broke. so it is still out but no noticable differance in performance.
BTW mine is a series 1sc

[This message has been edited by jb1 (edited 02-04-2004).]

TK

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2004 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKDirect Link to This Post
I've played with them and leave them in. Some masses don't like the turbulence. My S1 and my TR like the smoothing. My S2 didn't seem to care. I also leave them there to avoid a bonehead mistake that sends some large object into the engine.
Mad Max Motorsports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2004 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mad Max MotorsportsSend a Private Message to Mad Max MotorsportsDirect Link to This Post
It looks to me that the turbulance is due to the factory induction tube(ser 1) from the air box which does not have a smooth inside surface, it is "rippled" for the bend to be flexable. I intend not to use this tube.

------------------

jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2004 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Direct Link to This Post
I used a crx intake on mine. So either way you take it or leave it I dont think you will notice a differance either way.
Mad Max Motorsports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2004 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mad Max MotorsportsSend a Private Message to Mad Max MotorsportsDirect Link to This Post
jb1: When you mention a crx intake, should I assume an aftermarket tube that would normally go to a Honda CRX? If so what years?
Thanks.
Now I just need some warm weather to start on this.

------------------
'90 Olds Cutlass Cruiser S (Wife's)

jb1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2004 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Direct Link to This Post
88-91 civic/crx short ram , if you ask for a cold air for the CRX it is longer than you need just get the short ram
apc #151011K
I wrapped mine with heat insulation tape from DEI to help keep it from getting really hot from the exhaust crossover pipe, The chrome looks better Ill probably buy another and leave it chrome to put on if and when I ever talk it to shows.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock