Started on: 01-31-2004 03:53 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: fierohoho on 02-01-2004 01:28 AM
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2004 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
Well I had my car down in Hutchinson getting some work down on my car for the past week and I had the doors open, stereo going all kinds of stuff so forth. I put a charger on the car for a short period of time maybe 1 hour before we left. Car started up and we left to go to a gas station. I get there turn the car off and then decide I want to get some gas, car is dead, just clicking. So we push started it and get some gas and leave it running. I get it home, let it sit for about 30 minutes or so, try to start it again and it fires up fine. Now I have a amp and stereo system in the car and all that so I know that draws some power but I have an Optima Yellow top battery. I go outside today about 12 hours later and the car is dead again. I thought by driving the car home it would charge the battery but maybe it didn't it was a 30 minute drive. Did I not let the battery charge enough or what? I figured I should of maybe left the battery charger on the battery for like the whole night at the trickle mode to get it started and stuff. Let me know. Thanks. BTW its a new Alternator.

-Amir

------------------

Maroon 1987 GT 5 spd: 2.8L
Ferrari Red 1988 Formula 5 spd: 3800 Series II Supercharged In & Running.....

My Website: http://www.members.cox.net/rare88/
CarDomain Website: http://www.cardomain.com/id/rare87gt

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierohoho

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2004 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post
If it's been trouble since you put the stereo and amp in I would guess one of the componants is drawing the battery down.

Check the installation instructions to make sure it's all wired correctly.

I would guess something is still drawing power when it should be turned off the smae time the car is shut off.

Easy way would be to pull the fuses for all the stereo stuff for a couple days and see if the battery stays charged.

------------------

Where will the road take you today?

Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2004 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTDirect Link to This Post
My stereo and amp has been installed for about 1 year. So I dont really know if that could be it or not. I can unplug that fuse and see if it helps it. I guess its a possibility.
fierohoho

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2004 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierohohoSend a Private Message to fierohohoDirect Link to This Post
OK didn't know the stereo had been in there for awhile, obviouysly that can't be the problem then.

Start simple, check for corosion and clean if needed the battery cables and battery terminals.

Check and clean the engine to frame grounds and the battery to frame and engine grounds.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock