firebird interior help by 2fastfiero
Started on: 01-31-2004 09:46 AM
Replies: 7
Last post by: 2fastfiero on 01-31-2004 08:32 PM
2fastfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2004 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2fastfieroSend a Private Message to 2fastfieroDirect Link to This Post
i have searched the post and love the firebird interior, but however i dont have the patients to ever do this, i want the dash, door panels, seats, console.........does ne one do this swap, im in arkansas, but can haul the car somewhere when the time comes, just looking for prices for the swap....anytakers that have done this???
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
OH10fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2004 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OH10fieroSend a Private Message to OH10fieroDirect Link to This Post
I was looking in to doing a kit for this conversion but the cost was too high. You could do the conversion for about 1/8 the price of the kit and that would include everthing you would need, the kit would not even include the dash, so I did not pursure the kit anymore.
I would suggest doing the conversion yourself, a few have done it here and the end results were completly different fot the other guys. The big advantage to the Firebird dash is there are a lot of room for differences to give the final look a personal touch, and uppdate to a more modern look for the car.
I am doing one myself, and I can say from personal experiance that anyone with min skills can do this if they just take thier time, mostly because as you go along you will come across a new idea that you will just have to add to the conversion, and that is part of the fun.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2004 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
There is nothing really difficult about about the firebird interior swap, but it is time consuming. I do think there is a market for a bolt-in kit as well as turn key installs...I just don't have time to develop it, or do it. I can't even find the time to finish my own car let alone do someone else's.

Someone like Archie could do this and people would be buying it up like hot cakes. If someone needs help I'd be glad to share what I know.

- Jonathan

------------------
If you find my advice useful, then please give me a positive rating, thanks...

1988 GT (Firebird Interior),1988 Coupe (Daily Driver), 1985 SE (Project Car), 1985 Coupe (parts car), Firebird Interior Installation Website

2fastfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2004 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2fastfieroSend a Private Message to 2fastfieroDirect Link to This Post
jscott the link is great but i feel that i will just have to live with the fiero interor cuz it looks to complex for me!!!
Bonehead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2004 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoneheadSend a Private Message to BoneheadDirect Link to This Post
What years fit best in an 86gt
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2004 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Direct Link to This Post
The 4th gen firebird interior was virtually unchanged from 1993 to 2002. There was a slight redesign of the center console in 1997 with the addition of an additional cupholder and the odometer went digital. Other than that any 4th gen firebird dash should fit in any Fiero.
fierodustin_86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2004 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodustin_86Send a Private Message to fierodustin_86Direct Link to This Post
Where is Huntington Ar? Just wondering, there is noone in my area that has a Fiero that is on this Forum.

------------------
86 Fiero SE
email: fierodustin@yahoo.com
PROJECT: 86 GT soon with a 3800SC

2fastfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2004 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2fastfieroSend a Private Message to 2fastfieroDirect Link to This Post
huntington is just south of ft smith,,,,,,,,

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock