12V Constant Question by Phantom Rage
Started on: 01-30-2004 03:04 PM
Replies: 5
Last post by: Phil on 01-30-2004 10:08 PM
Phantom Rage

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2004 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Phantom RageSend a Private Message to Phantom RageDirect Link to This Post
I was messing around with my cigarette lighter and blew something. At first I thought it was the cigarette lighter itself until I noticed that my radio would not hold any of its presets. I was worried I messed up my CD player so I put my old tape deck back in to test to see if it would hold presets, and it didn’t.

My question is: Is there a fuse of some sort between the battery and the two 12V constant leads (cigarette lighter & radio?)

As always, thank you

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Paul Prince

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 110
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2004 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Paul PrinceSend a Private Message to Paul PrinceDirect Link to This Post
Yes it is fused, but can't remember which one. Pop the fuse panel down and see which one is blown........Paul
Phantom Rage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2004 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Phantom RageSend a Private Message to Phantom RageDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Paul,

The problem has been solved. There is something wrong with my cigarette lighter. If I leave it plugged in it keeps on blowing out fuses. I replaced the fuse in the fuse block the first time, but didn't think it blew again after reinstalling the cigarette lighter. Does blowing out 4 fuses within 5 minutes = sloooooowwwww learning curve For now, I'm going to just leave the cigarette lighter unplugged, as I really have no need for it. I'll pick one up at the bone yard the next time I'm out there.

P.S. I accidentally hit my horn button only to find that it didn't work; after looking at my Chilton’s and Haynes manual, the light came on It’s odd though, because according to the Chilton’s manual that fuses is connected to the dome light, which still worked in my case, thus I didn’t think that was the problem.

Thanks!!!

[This message has been edited by Phantom Rage (edited 01-30-2004).]

Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2004 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
You probably have crud down in your lighter socket.
Phantom Rage

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2004 09:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Phantom RageSend a Private Message to Phantom RageDirect Link to This Post
As usual, your right Phil I'm not sure what to make of it, but I think your description of "crud" fits best. I think I can find a nicer one out in the bone yard. I know the lady who previously owned my fiero smoked like she needed it to survive. It took about two years before the ashtray smell went away.

Thank you

[This message has been edited by Phantom Rage (edited 01-30-2004).]

Phil

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2004 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilSend a Private Message to PhilDirect Link to This Post
Just go to a Autozone or the like and buy a new socket and lighter under $8

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock