scratched door windows by Flyguyeddy
Started on: 01-28-2004 02:31 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: JohnF on 01-28-2004 03:03 PM
Flyguyeddy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2004 02:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FlyguyeddySend a Private Message to FlyguyeddyDirect Link to This Post
i know what has caused this. is there replacement glass that can be had? is this a normal thing of glass shops to stock? anyone had any experience changing the glass??

------------------
Brandon Edmonds

1996 Taurus SHO (my baby)
1986 Ford EXP (rust galore, but im keepin it!)
1986 Fiero (to be my street rocket)
1977 yamaha xs750-2D (in pieces right now, will be done for summer!)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Songman

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2004 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SongmanClick Here to visit Songman's HomePageSend a Private Message to SongmanDirect Link to This Post
I changed passenger side door glass after someone broke into my T-top back in Nashville. It is a pain in the @$$!!! I don't know if new door glass is available or not. I found a good used glass in a junkyard for $50.

The glass is riveted to the works inside the door, and you have to remove the stop cushions as well to even get the glass in and out of the door... It took me and a friend of mine, who is used to this sort of thing, about an hour and a half. He said it was tougher than any car he had ever done...

Good luck.

------------------

Fiero-Performance.com - New mods for your Fiero from Fiero Performance Bayern in Germany

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2004 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonDirect Link to This Post
Never had to put one in a fiero yet. Just a thought...but is seem to remember someone saying it was easier to replace by taking off outter door skin? Glass shop rule is if the scratch catches on your fingernail, its too deep to repair. Yes you can get new glass from shops like Safelite or Guardian. They usuall charge me $25 labor on a hardtop door glass...sounds like thats a bargain to me.
JohnF

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2004 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnFSend a Private Message to JohnFDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rogergarrison:

Never had to put one in a fiero yet. Just a thought...but is seem to remember someone saying it was easier to replace by taking off outter door skin? Glass shop rule is if the scratch catches on your fingernail, its too deep to repair. Yes you can get new glass from shops like Safelite or Guardian. They usuall charge me $25 labor on a hardtop door glass...sounds like thats a bargain to me.

I found that no glass "repair" people will touch a side glass to remove those ugly scratches we allow to happen. I had to have the glass replaced. $125.00 turn key job. It is back to factory original, though.

------------------

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock