Alarm guru's help with Ignition & Starter wire location by OutlawFiero
Started on: 01-25-2004 08:45 PM
Replies: 7
Last post by: ace35 on 02-22-2004 09:21 AM
OutlawFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2004 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OutlawFieroClick Here to visit OutlawFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to OutlawFieroDirect Link to This Post
I have installed an alarm before, but not these new high tech ones. I am asking for suggestions on where to connect ( on the alarm) my ignition switch wire which is powered by 12v+ even on cranking. And another Starter wire witch is powered ONLY on cranking position. I know there are two plugs one Blue and the other Black on the steering column that is the where the ignition wires connect. I hope somebody will know which wires too splices into for a 12v+ wire for the ignition switch. And then which wire (is it yellow?) for the 12v+ only when on the cranking position. I assume it is for the anti carjacking feature. If it helps this is a Panther alarm system.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post01-26-2004 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
Sent an email with wiring diagrams let me know if you received it or not then I can post it here on the forum.
OutlawFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2004 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OutlawFieroClick Here to visit OutlawFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to OutlawFieroDirect Link to This Post
I don't think I recieved an e-mail or PM. I know that when I unplug the blue connector there is no turning over of the ignition. So I just need to know which wires are 12v accessory position, and which wire is in the cranking position. I am trying to avoid guess work and cutting all 5 wires just to figure out 2 of them. Thanks for any help.
OutlawFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2004 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OutlawFieroClick Here to visit OutlawFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to OutlawFieroDirect Link to This Post

OutlawFiero

262 posts
Member since Sep 2002
Thankyou very much, I just recieved it and that should do the trick. I will post results when I can work on it.
Scythe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2004 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ScytheSend a Private Message to ScytheDirect Link to This Post
Can I get a copy of this diagram if possible? Thanks
Master Tuner Akimoto

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 271
User Banned

Report this Post02-17-2004 03:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Master Tuner AkimotoClick Here to visit Master Tuner Akimoto's HomePageSend a Private Message to Master Tuner AkimotoDirect Link to This Post
Sent it.
Scythe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-21-2004 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ScytheSend a Private Message to ScytheDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, "+" for you
ace35

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2004 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace35Send a Private Message to ace35Direct Link to This Post
ME TOO...PLEASE...i'll give you a plus

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock