Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Without disassembly, what is the inside diameter of the 2.8 fuel line?

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Without disassembly, what is the inside diameter of the 2.8 fuel line? by Arns85GT
Started on: 01-25-2004 09:18 AM
Replies: 3
Last post by: jstricker on 01-25-2004 05:20 PM
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2004 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
I'm doing some plumbing and want to buy the right size line.

Arn

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bazooka

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2004 03:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BazookaClick Here to visit Bazooka's HomePageSend a Private Message to BazookaDirect Link to This Post
Arns85,
Steel TUBING is measured with O.D. sizes and steel PIPE is measured with I.D. sizes. That said, the Fuel line on the 6 cylinder Fieero is a 3/8" (nominal) tubing with an outside diameter which is .375". The inside diameter of the rubber connecting HOSE will fit snuggly over the outside of that, So the hose I.D. should accomodate the O.D. of the steel tubing.
Depending on which gauge steel tubing is used (22 ga. has a .319 I.D.....16 ga. has a .245 I.D.) the higher number gauges have thinner walls with the same nominal outside diameters. So 3/8" O.D.is your nominal steel tubing size.
Arns85GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2004 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Arns85GTSend a Private Message to Arns85GTDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Bazooka for the explanation. PM sent.

I need the ID of the rubber tubing to know what size nipple to buy to hook up my bypass regulator.

Arn

jstricker

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 370
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2004 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstrickerSend a Private Message to jstrickerDirect Link to This Post
You need 3/8" ID FUEL INJECTION hose. BTDT. Be careful doing it with hose clamps though. I think you'll find that it might be a little unreliable at the fuel pressures used on the 2.8.

John Stricker

Originally posted by Arns85GT:

Thanks Bazooka for the explanation. PM sent.

I need the ID of the rubber tubing to know what size nipple to buy to hook up my bypass regulator.

Arn

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock