spark plug wire covers? by btklassy
Started on: 01-23-2004 03:06 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: Paul Prince on 01-23-2004 03:18 PM
btklassy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2004 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for btklassySend a Private Message to btklassyDirect Link to This Post
I have an '86 SE. I just changed the plugs and wires. Some of the old wires have a metal cover on the end of them on the engine side. 2 of them are missing. Does anyone know what these are for?

Thanks

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ThatRickGuy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2004 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ThatRickGuyClick Here to visit ThatRickGuy's HomePageSend a Private Message to ThatRickGuyDirect Link to This Post
I've always beleived they were installed to be a pain in the back side, nothing more.

-Rick

Paul Prince

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 110
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2004 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Paul PrinceSend a Private Message to Paul PrinceDirect Link to This Post
I think the intent was heat protection from the exhaust manifolds. I use a firesleeve material made by Taylor wire. It slips over the wire and protects the boot and plug up to 1000*. You have to remove the distributer boot to slip them on. Comes in six different colors. DEI also makes them. You can get them from Summit, Jegs.........Paul

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock