Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  new timing gears, car won't start (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
Previous Page | Next Page
new timing gears, car won't start by ditch
Started on: 01-22-2004 06:44 PM
Replies: 43
Last post by: ditch on 02-12-2004 06:46 PM
ED's85GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2004 04:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ED's85GTSend a Private Message to ED's85GTDirect Link to This Post
Those sure are some "pretty" numbers.

Ed

IP: Logged
ED's85GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2004 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ED's85GTSend a Private Message to ED's85GTDirect Link to This Post

ED's85GT

1054 posts
Member since Feb 2002
Those are really good numbers!

Ed

DaveL

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2004 04:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DaveLSend a Private Message to DaveLDirect Link to This Post
One thing doesn't make sense to me. when you sprayed starting fluid in the tbi it should've caught for a few seconds. Oh well, I probably just advertised my ignorance.

Very glad to hear you got it running, I've been following this track, and I've been around the block with my 87 2.5 a few times. Probably go round a few more before it's over!

ditch

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2004 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ditchSend a Private Message to ditchDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DaveL:

One thing doesn't make sense to me. when you sprayed starting fluid in the tbi it should've caught for a few seconds. Oh well, I probably just advertised my ignorance.

Very glad to hear you got it running, I've been following this track, and I've been around the block with my 87 2.5 a few times. Probably go round a few more before it's over!

I think one of my biggest problems was the compression. From all that cranking with no start I was probably washing the cylinder walls with gas. It was also very cold (below freezing) those days I was trying to start it with fresh gas from a squirt bottle and starter fluid

The day it finally started....it was warmer (above freezing). It also had a full tank of fresh gas that was being sprayed into the TB by the injector....not me with my squirt bottle which was probably flooding it. On top of all that, I had injected some oil in each cylinder just before trying to fire it up with the new gas.

That's the best explaination I can think of.

I'm pretty happy with this car. I have an 86 and 87 which both have the V6. It doesn't have as much punch as those cars, but I think it's pretty good for a 17 year old 4cyl. It was more powerful than I had expected.

I had thought about selling it after I got it running, but that idea went out the window the second I drove it.

Dave

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock