Clutch Problems by PublicEnemy1
Started on: 01-22-2004 01:03 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: socalguru on 01-23-2004 11:46 AM
PublicEnemy1

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2004 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PublicEnemy1Click Here to visit PublicEnemy1's HomePageSend a Private Message to PublicEnemy1Direct Link to This Post
I am having what I think is clutch problems. Here is what I know:
I have to press the clutch all the way to the floor to get it to engage. When I say all the way I mean it rubs against the hump for the last centimeter of travel. Sometimes, it still grinds into gear even when I press it this far. It has a hard time shifting from gear to gear sometimes, and of course it is easier the harder i work on pressing the clutch. The clutch pedal does not even TOUCH the cruise control switch, and the switch is screwed in as far as it can go. It almost seems like my clutch pedal is... bent? I don't wuite know how that could happen, but it kind of seems that way. Are these problems common? Any help would be great!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
KissMySSFiero

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2004 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KissMySSFieroSend a Private Message to KissMySSFieroDirect Link to This Post
you guessed it. Its Bent. Early model fieros(84-86 i think) came with and aluminum bracket on the clutch pedal. These tend to bend over time. I think www.fierostore.com carries new steel pedals now.

Cant tell ya how many deals I got on fieros because the owner thought it needed a clutch when it only needed a $35 pedal.

welcome to the insanity. NooB

------------------
SSFiero@Aol.com Support Mental Health, or I'll Kill Ya!!
Yellow Formula Signature

PublicEnemy1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2004 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PublicEnemy1Click Here to visit PublicEnemy1's HomePageSend a Private Message to PublicEnemy1Direct Link to This Post
Thanks bro, I hope it keeps working till the pedal comes in
socalguru

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post01-23-2004 11:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for socalguruSend a Private Message to socalguruDirect Link to This Post
STOP : WRONG - before you go playing around with those pedals, check something else first. If your pedel is steel ( vs alumimmmmnnn) use the magnet test. An Elephant could stand on that pedal before it bends, and I don't think you have had any Elephants driving your car latly.
Your problem sound very similar, to when just before my clutch release lever broke. My car became more difficult everday i drove it, until the lever broke. Based on experience you can not always tell if the, ' clutch release lever ' is broken until you loosen the nut and start to dis-assm then it falls apart and you know it is broken.
I would check this first, the check your cable, put the alignment pin in the shift assy, and the just your shift cables to see if they are aligned correctly, The proceedure is about the only thing the Haynes manual is good for. write me back at lakcdriver@earthlink.net let me know what you find,

------------------
Fieros are just street legal racing go karts

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock