WINALDL for PocketPC by Robertzep
Started on: 01-20-2004 12:59 AM
Replies: 10
Last post by: Jake_Dragon on 02-24-2004 07:06 PM
Robertzep

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2004 12:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RobertzepSend a Private Message to RobertzepDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone ported the code for WINALDL to the PocketPC platform? I know that some Palm software is out there but I don't have a palm nor want one for just this app. I could most like do this if I had source code. Anyone working on this and want help?
-Robert
87 GT
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post01-20-2004 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
I asked Andy, the guy that wrote WinALDL, if he had any plans to write a version for WinCE and he said no.

JazzMan

dguy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2004 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dguySend a Private Message to dguyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JazzMan:

I asked Andy, the guy that wrote WinALDL, if he had any plans to write a version for WinCE and he said no.

"Andy?"

I thought the author is/was Jonas Bylund? At least that's what this page suggests. Did Google send me to the wrong place?

I sent an e-mail to Jonas a short time ago, asking if he would be interested in either porting it to WinCE, or sharing the source code with someone who was willing to do it (i.e me). No reply though.

So who is Andy, and how do I get a hold of him instead? I may have the opportunity to get my hands on a NEC MobilePro 770 (1/2 laptop-sized PDA) for a good price, and it has a lot of appeal to me as an ECM porta-scanner.

------------------

his: 1985 2M6 SE
poly'd, ½ Koni'd, formula nose & factory sub

hers: 1984 2M4
all stock... so far ;)

dguy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2004 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dguySend a Private Message to dguyDirect Link to This Post

dguy

2416 posts
Member since Jan 2003
back to page 1 you go
DanFiero

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2004 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanFieroSend a Private Message to DanFieroDirect Link to This Post
Is there a program for the Palm Software?? We just got a T3 and I have one of Jeffery Sukos cables and would like the two to meet and get along!!!!

Dan

------------------

Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2004 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
I have a Cassiopeia E-125 that I would love to have a version of WINALDL that would run on it. The serial cable adapter is listed for $30. This unit is has more ram and processor power than my first pc ever had. And the laptop that I currently want to load Winaldl on.
TFT color (240x 320 dots) display with 65,536 full colors and a powerful 150 MHz, 32MB RAM
I also have an add on card with 70 megs worth of ram.
Put me on your list if you do port this over. Let me know if there is something I can help with.
CC Rider

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2004 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
mize

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2004 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mizeClick Here to visit mize's HomePageSend a Private Message to mizeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Robertzep:

Has anyone ported the code for WINALDL to the PocketPC platform? I know that some Palm software is out there but I don't have a palm nor want one for just this app. I could most like do this if I had source code. Anyone working on this and want help?
-Robert
87 GT

Where is the software for the Palm for a regular ALDL interface...ala the infamous WinALDL cable? I know there's some software for the Palm on Oliver's site...but that's for his particular interface...very, very different form the "WinALDL cable"

------------------
1988 Formula 3.4L
1/4 mile ET: 15.514 86.27 MPH

Robertzep

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2004 08:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RobertzepSend a Private Message to RobertzepDirect Link to This Post
Hey All, I found this:
http://www.andywhittaker.com/ecu/ecu_software.htm
I believe this is who/what JazzMan was refering to. The source code is available also. The only problem is that it does not support the Fiero specifically. It does support 160 baud Pulse-Width Modulation which our cars use.
JazzMan, have you tried this code on the Fiero?
If no one has got this to work on the fiero,that is our starting point! Then we can port it to the PocketPC!
Anyone game to try this with me. I found that a group of people can accomplish what seems to be the impossible.May need some recode to get it initially work on the Fiero. Also the source code is on:
SourceForge via http://sourceforge.net/projects/freescan/
Its kinda strange how it is posted. I'm going to attempt to download all of it at work tomorrow at work using our T1 line. I'll let you all know how it goes.
Robert
87 GT

Robertzep

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2004 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RobertzepSend a Private Message to RobertzepDirect Link to This Post
Well, I got the source code from the link in my previous post. I found some other code and the GM A029 data stream protocol for the V6 Fiero's. GM uses over 200 and some different data streams and does not publish them openly! I've been looking through the Freescan code and I believe that a direct port to PocketPC would be a pain. So, I'm going to try and write my own PocketPC scan program. To experiment and wait for my PocketPC serial card, I plan to use my laptop and work out the communications with the Fiero ECM. If I keep the routines simple, I'll port the code to the PocketPC and tailor the GUI for the PocketPC's screen. I will make any information available to anyone who wants to help or do their own programming. I know that I am not the only one who wants to do this!
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post02-24-2004 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonDirect Link to This Post
Bump
PFF
System Bot

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock