Heater Core Replacement? by IROC
Started on: 01-19-2004 09:55 PM
Replies: 4
Last post by: IROC on 01-20-2004 11:18 PM
IROC

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2004 09:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IROCSend a Private Message to IROCDirect Link to This Post
Well my friggin heater core decided to blow up this week-end. I can't even see out my windshield now, lol!

I was wondering what is involved in replacing a heater core in an 86 GT with A/C? Thanks

IROC

------------------
1986 Pontiac Fiero GT 2.8l
pocket ported, gasket matched complete intake, Bosch Module (Nascar endorsed 10 more hp, lol), Accel coil, and DTM Racing wheels w/ Ventus tires.

3.xL turbocharged project in process!
- T3/T4 Hybrid Watercooled turbo
- Intercooler w/ CO2 spray kit
- Dynotuner piggyback computer

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Mark

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2004 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkSend a Private Message to MarkDirect Link to This Post
about 15 seconds using the search feature turned this up...

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/043997.html

rmphoto

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2004 02:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rmphotoSend a Private Message to rmphotoDirect Link to This Post
the hardest part is getting the hoses off the old heater core. they are practicly fused to the metal.
i wouldnt advise this but i just cut the hoses off and stretched them far enough to get tham on the new one.
but again, i dont advise what i did, because if i have to do another heater core chances are another cut and ill never have enough.
Carrolles

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2004 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarrollesSend a Private Message to CarrollesDirect Link to This Post
There usually is no need to cut the heater hoses to get them unstuck from the heater core pipes. Since you are going to throw away the old heater core anyway, carefully crush the hose where it is in contact with the heater core pipes. When I've done this the bond between the hose and the pipes breaks loose.
IROC

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2004 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IROCSend a Private Message to IROCDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for your help. I actually had access to Michell online and got the procedure. It seems to be really simple. I bet it shouldn't take me any longer than an hour.

IROC

------------------
1986 Pontiac Fiero GT 2.8l
pocket ported, gasket matched complete intake, Bosch Module (Nascar endorsed 10 more hp, lol), Accel coil, and DTM Racing wheels w/ Ventus tires.

3.xL turbocharged project in process!
- T3/T4 Hybrid Watercooled turbo
- Intercooler w/ CO2 spray kit
- Dynotuner piggyback computer

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock