Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Hey, 3.1 is going in as we speak, but slight problem... quick question for guru's

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Hey, 3.1 is going in as we speak, but slight problem... quick question for guru's by headhunter
Started on: 01-19-2004 07:55 PM
Replies: 3
Last post by: headhunter on 01-20-2004 12:56 AM
headhunter

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2004 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for headhunterSend a Private Message to headhunterDirect Link to This Post
Alright, whole thing is litterly about to plug into tranny, but noticed theres what looks to be an oil temp sensor or something sticking out of the old 2.8 block just above the filter. The 3.1 doesn't have this... although it has something on the opposite side of the block. Looks like a temp sensor as well... would this be the oil sensor?

Btw... the old 2.8 one doesn't fit the 3.1 block... thought that was strange.

Anyways any quick posts are appreciated. (ie ideas... )

Ivan.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
The_Raven

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2004 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The_RavenClick Here to visit The_Raven's HomePageSend a Private Message to The_RavenDirect Link to This Post
The sensor above the oil filter, is the oil pressure sensor. The 2.8 used an 1/8" NPT thread while the 3.1 uses a 1/4" NPT and pipe bushing will take care of that.

On the opposite side of the block is that sensor quite short (sticks about 1" out from the block total), cylidrical in shape and has a single connection? If so that's the knock sensor.

headhunter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2004 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for headhunterSend a Private Message to headhunterDirect Link to This Post
Thnks man, poefect!
headhunter

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2004 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for headhunterSend a Private Message to headhunterDirect Link to This Post
Heres a tip if you run into this same problem, disconnect the hose between the oil pressure sensor and the connection above the oil filter. And plug the oil pressure sensor right above the filter, fits fine, no going to find adapters. (buddy mechanic dropped by...)

Ivan.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock