Started on: 01-19-2004 01:51 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: befarrer on 01-20-2004 12:00 PM
befarrer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2004 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for befarrerSend a Private Message to befarrerDirect Link to This Post
My dad started his car up for the first time since he rebuilt his engine. Only ran it for 30 seconds total or so, still has no coolant in it. His car has a pretty mean sounding exhaust on it too. I took a video of the first 2nd and 3rd startup.

The first startup was without a fan belt, the 2nd one had on on, but is was not turning the alternator, 3rd time the belt was tighter and all went well.

------------------

Details on my Fiero here
Member of the Edmonto Fiero Club Please rate me if I helped you!

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
avengador1

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 571
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2004 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for avengador1Send a Private Message to avengador1Direct Link to This Post
I thought that when you first run a new/rebuilt engine you are supposed to run it around 2000 rpms for 20 minutes to break in the new cam, unless he has a roller cam.
befarrer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2004 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for befarrerSend a Private Message to befarrerDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by avengador1:

I thought that when you first run a new/rebuilt engine you are supposed to run it around 2000 rpms for 20 minutes to break in the new cam, unless he has a roller cam.

Still has the old cam in it. But with new lifters. When coolant is in the engine it will probably be run longer. Oh, this is a non roller engine.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock