T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

used to start now doesn't by unccfiero
Started on: 01-17-2004 08:52 PM
Replies: 6
Last post by: unccfiero on 01-18-2004 04:13 PM
unccfiero
No longer registered
Report this Post01-17-2004 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unccfieroSend a Private Message to unccfieroDirect Link to This Post
i have a 86 gt that used to start but the gas pedal had to be depressed. now doesn't start at all. i've changed a few sensors (tps, iac, map, changed distributor cap, ignition module, rotor button, and igition coil, checked the pick up coil and egr tube) there is a smell of gas when i pulled the spark plug out and i also know that there is spark (checked it). the only sensor that i know left is the coolant sensor but is there any other problem i am over looking (maybe leaking fuel injector?)
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
PURPLE REIGN

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 303
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2004 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PURPLE REIGNSend a Private Message to PURPLE REIGNDirect Link to This Post
It sounds momentarily flooded, turn the key off-push & hold the gas pedal to the floor and crank it for a while. This puts it in clear-flood mode and turns off the fuel & will allow it to breath air only for a while to clear out excess fuel.

------------------

fierofetish

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 277
User Banned

Report this Post01-17-2004 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofetishSend a Private Message to fierofetishDirect Link to This Post
From the sound of it, the engine is flooding,which could be caused by a faulty coldstart system.It is getting worse,I guess, because when it started before with the gas pedal down, that was allowing more air in , and weakening the mixture.Now that it has got worse, the gas pedal down is not able to compensate for the excess fuel....just a guess..I am sure one of the more well-informed Members will expand on other possibilities...Welcome to the Best tech forum on the web for Fieros and more!!
fierofetish
spark1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2004 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for spark1Send a Private Message to spark1Direct Link to This Post
Bet you could find a good mechanic in Mooresville during off-season!
unccfiero
No longer registered
Report this Post01-17-2004 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unccfieroSend a Private Message to unccfieroDirect Link to This Post
car has doing this for a little while now (2 months) so it maybe the cold start but i just wanted to see if anyone had any other suggestions before i get into the fuel injectors
derangedsheep

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post01-17-2004 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for derangedsheepSend a Private Message to derangedsheepDirect Link to This Post
its probably the cold start injector along with the ignition module. mine is doing the same type of thing, but mine wouldnt start when the weather was under 50*. i changed the cold start switch, and it will start around 40-45 now. but i think its the ignition module, because its fine when its warm. the board is probably cracked and when it warms up, it expands and the contacts touch. try swapping the module for a new one

[edit] this happened after i put the new module in, it has only 500 miles on it, and they can die that quickly [edit]

[This message has been edited by derangedsheep (edited 01-17-2004).]

unccfiero
No longer registered
Report this Post01-18-2004 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for unccfieroSend a Private Message to unccfieroDirect Link to This Post
thanks for the help

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock