Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  Adding Weight for Winter. Steel Wheels. Winter Tires.

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

Adding Weight for Winter. Steel Wheels. Winter Tires. by theogre
Started on: 01-15-2004 11:57 PM
Replies: 2
Last post by: FTF Engineering on 01-16-2004 09:42 PM
theogre

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 568
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2004 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for theogreClick Here to visit theogre's HomePageSend a Private Message to theogreDirect Link to This Post
It's a bit late...

besides dropping weight into various places in a car...

Get some spare rubber cheap and mount them on STEEL wheels. Get a couple decent used tires for front and snows for the back.

The steel wheels are heavier than the aluminum ones many people have these days. It will add a pretty good chunk of weight for all 4 wheels.

Also, they don't shatter if you bump a curb slipping on ice. You may bend them but at least you only ate a cheap steel wheel. Plus unless you really slam and jam the wheel... you can usually drive away on a bent steel rim. You aren't going anywhere in a busted Al one.

------------------
Edison Carter: When did the News become Entertainment?
Murray: Since it was invented.

The Ogre's Fiero Cave (It's also at the top of every forum page...)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Tagueule

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2004 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TagueuleDirect Link to This Post
HAHAHA

No winters for fieros. Store it, drive something else in the meantime.

Worst I see in winter is rain. sucks to keep the car clean but it could be much worse. It was 65 and sunny here today

FTF Engineering

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2004 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FTF EngineeringSend a Private Message to FTF EngineeringDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by theogre:

Get some spare rubber cheap and mount them on STEEL wheels. Get a couple decent used tires for front and snows for the back.

The steel wheels are heavier than the aluminum ones many people have these days. It will add a pretty good chunk of weight for all 4 wheels.

That reminds me!!!... Have I got just the thing!!! I just so happen to have, for sale, a set of four steel wheels for a Fiero that have snow tires mounted and ready to go! I had been meaning to ebay them, but would rather offer them here instead.

195/75/14 Mud and Snow rated on 5.5 inch wide wheels with the Fiero's 5x100mm bolt circle. I used them for like the second half of one season and then decided not to drive my Fiero in the snow anymore. In other words, they are almost new and both the tires and wheels are in VERY good condition. If you look closely at the pics, you can still see the rubber nubbies on the sidewalls and you can even still see the dye between the tread lugs!!

I'm not the HTML whiz, but I'll try linking to some pics... If this works right, you should be able to click on the thumbnails and get to a larger pic. Here goes:

snows1.jpg

snows2.jpg

snows3.jpg

snows4.jpg

snows5.jpg

snows6.jpg

I want $200 plus shipping for all four. I know that's cheap, but I would rather have the open real estate in the garage. Please someone buy these things before they go onto ebay and end up on a Citation or 6000......

You can PM me here, or send to ftf_eng@hotmail.com

Thanks (and sorry Ogre for hijacking your thread). I guess I should put something in the mall as well?

-Bruce at FTF Engineering

[This message has been edited by FTF Engineering (edited 01-16-2004).]

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock