Started on: 01-14-2004 04:06 PM
Replies: 17
Last post by: buddycraigg on 01-16-2004 06:32 PM
buddycraigg

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 478
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2004 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
Other than replacing the vacuum solenoid assembly or repairing a vacuum leak in one of the small line, what have you had go bad that caused a code 32?

[This message has been edited by buddycraigg (edited 01-14-2004).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Paul Prince

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 110
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2004 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Paul PrinceSend a Private Message to Paul PrinceDirect Link to This Post
I had a bad weather-pak pin (corroded) in the connector to the solenoid.......Paul
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2004 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
was the pin had too much build up on it to allow current flow, or was it all ate up?
CC Rider

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2004 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
Below the EGR there are 2 gaskets. One for the EGR to the adapter for the EGR tube and one below the adapter to mount it to the exhaust. The one on the exhaust side went bad causing a code 32.
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2004 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CC Rider:

Below the EGR there are 2 gaskets. One for the EGR to the adapter for the EGR tube and one below the adapter to mount it to the exhaust. The one on the exhaust side went bad causing a code 32.

and you didn't fix anything else?

CC Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2004 08:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
Correct

In searching out the problem I took a 3 foot tube and put it up to my ear to listen for leaks. Keep coming back to the EGR because that area was the loudest. decided to take the EGR off to look at the EGR tube gasket. Once I had the EGR off I noticed the riser that the EGR tube bolts to was loss. Pulled it up and there it was. Only had 1/2 of the lower gasket.

ka4nkf

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2004 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ka4nkfSend a Private Message to ka4nkfDirect Link to This Post
Right next to the four pin connector, there is a short rubber hose going from the vacuum switch to the incomming vacuum. check this hose for a leak. code 32 is telling the ECM that there is no vacuum to the solenoid switch.
Don
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2004 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for mentioning that little hose.
from the reading i've done, a code 32 is telling you one of two things.
You do NOT have enough vacuum at the vacuum sensor when the computer wants the egr open
Or
You DO have too much vacuum at the vacuum sensor when the computer wants the egr to be closed.

That’s why I’m so curious about the leaking EGR gasket,
CC Rider, did you have a High idle problem as well or just the code 32

[This message has been edited by buddycraigg (edited 01-14-2004).]

CC Rider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2004 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CC RiderSend a Private Message to CC RiderDirect Link to This Post
Only when engine was cold - once warmed up idle was back to normal but did sporadicly fluctuate

[This message has been edited by CC Rider (edited 01-14-2004).]

buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2004 11:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
intersting.
red wolf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2004 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for red wolfSend a Private Message to red wolfDirect Link to This Post
i was pulling that 32 code as well mine was a short rubber hose going from the vacuum switch to the incomming vacuum, check this hose for a leak thats where mine was

WOLF
RED 88 GT
prd # 1212

PFF
System Bot
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2004 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
thanks,
ka4nkf already mentioned that one.
mshill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2004 02:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mshillSend a Private Message to mshillDirect Link to This Post
I had a very small crack in my egr tube close to the plenum. Obviously not bad enough to cause a noticeable vacuum leak, but after cruising at 70mph for ten minutes or so it would throw a Code 32.
buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2004 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
i believe you guys, it just doesn't make since to me.
Fierobruiser

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2004 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierobruiserSend a Private Message to FierobruiserDirect Link to This Post
Here's the aforementioned hose that can cause a Code 32.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/044838.html

------------------
Notchbacks RULE

"It's cool to have a car you just have to look back at."

buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2004 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
anyone else wanna chime in?
JazzMan

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 653
User Banned

Report this Post01-15-2004 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JazzManSend a Private Message to JazzManDirect Link to This Post
The ECM only sees two aspects of the EGR system, the vacuum switch (on or off) and the solenoid coil. I don't know if the ECM checks the solenoid windings for shorts or opens, but I do know that it checks the vacuum switch for activation when the ECM commands EGR. The ECM won't command EGR at WOT or idle, only part-throttle cruise, so I suspect that the ECM only looks at the switch.

FWIW.

JazzMan

buddycraigg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2004 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for buddycraiggSend a Private Message to buddycraiggDirect Link to This Post
last chance before i'm finished with this thread.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/045528.html

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock