what about 3800sc by RaceF40
Started on: 01-10-2004 03:23 AM
Replies: 6
Last post by: RaceF40 on 01-10-2004 02:54 PM
RaceF40

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2004 03:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaceF40Send a Private Message to RaceF40Direct Link to This Post
still pondering... what o you guys think about the 3800sc? is there much work involved in mounting that one in? also will it bolt up to my auto tranny i got now? Just been doing alot of reading and it looks like the 3800sc will give me better 0-60 times than the N*. plus the upgrades are simple and cost efficient to get more hp/tq out of the 3800
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
GTDude

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 287
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2004 03:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GTDudeDirect Link to This Post
Definitely my favorite engine. The damn thing is damn near bulletproof. I know of quite a few of non sc models with over 300k on them and still running fine.

When I do my swap this is definitely the engine I will use.

Your auto tranny will bolt right up, but you will need a diff flywheel. Good luck.

Phil

------------------
87 FIERO GT 2.8 5spd

If you found my advice helpful, please take the time to give me a positive rating. Thanks

safari56

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2004 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for safari56Direct Link to This Post
I have had my 3800 SC installed for a while now and LOVE it. I used the Fiero 5 speed so I won't be much help. In regards to the install, I made the front motor mount and the dog bone. Fairly easy stuff, with the right tools. Just a few years ago I had a 66 GTO that ran 13 flat in the 1/4. That was with a 389 tri power. If the seat of my pants remembers correctly, the Fiero will take her by a long shot

[This message has been edited by safari56 (edited 01-10-2004).]

skitime

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 332
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2004 10:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skitimeSend a Private Message to skitimeDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by safari56:

I have had my 3800 SC installed for a while now and LOVE it. I used the Fiero 5 speed so I won't be much help. In regards to the install, I made the front motor mount and the dog bone. Fairly easy stuff, with the right tools. Just a few years ago I had a 66 GTO that ran 13 flat in the 1/4. That was with a 389 tri power. If the seat of my pants remembers correctly, the Fiero will take her by a long shot

Safari56, I just noted you are a new member and wanted to say welcome and you got to love the 3800SC. hehe

------------------

Red 88 GT T-Top 3800 INTERCOOLED SUPERCHARGED
White 88 GT Stock
Please give me a rating if you appreciate my contribution.
History of Skitimes Car UPDATED 8-11-03

FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2004 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post
You will most likely want to use the 4T65E-HD motor that came stock with the motor. You can buy a limitid slip differential to do 2 wheel burnouts (for better 0-60ft times), you can still add a shift kit, and the PCM has lightning fast shifts compared to ours. I don't think any manual could shift as fast. I've done everything + power steering installed for right about $6000.

Greg

------------------

"HAPPINESS IS BEING BLOWN"
L67, FieroX Valve Covers, 180 Degree Stat, 4T65E-HD, Intense LSD, Intense Shift Kit, Tranny Cooler, Stage 4 ZZP Intake + Blower, XP-Hot Cam, DUB 3.0-3.25", Gator Belts, Custom DHP, MSD DIS-4, CAI, TB Spacer, WCF Headers, EGR Delete, Borla Exhaust, Held Motorsports Front Slalom Racing Suspension, Coilovers, 12" Wilwood Brakes, 88 Rear Cradle (POR-15), and POWER STEERING!

lowfierogt

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 247
User Banned

Report this Post01-10-2004 10:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lowfierogtClick Here to visit lowfierogt's HomePageSend a Private Message to lowfierogtDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:

You will most likely want to use the 4T65E-HD motor that came stock with the motor. You can buy a limitid slip differential to do 2 wheel burnouts (for better 0-60ft times), you can still add a shift kit, and the PCM has lightning fast shifts compared to ours. I don't think any manual could shift as fast. I've done everything + power steering installed for right about $6000.

Greg

Hey you have any pictures of your car???

------------------
" TARGET=_blank>http://www.fiero.mn.org

86 GT, 18" wheels, GA CD brakes, ST brace, Leather, 3800 Supercharged,DVD-LCD
88 Formula 5 speed T-Top stock,
88 GT,Leather,T-Top,3800 SC 5 speed.

RaceF40

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2004 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaceF40Send a Private Message to RaceF40Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by lowfierogt:

Hey you have any pictures of your car???

I got some pics im my digital camera but my battery is dead and I cant find my charger. I will post as soon as I find it.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock