3.1 Oil Pressure Woes by FieroPilot
Started on: 01-09-2004 11:09 AM
Replies: 2
Last post by: hellbentkrusty on 01-09-2004 05:40 PM
FieroPilot

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2004 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroPilotSend a Private Message to FieroPilotDirect Link to This Post
I have had low oil pressure ever since I did the 3.1 swap and was scratching my head trying to figure out why when I realized that I had to use the oil pressure sending unit from the 3.1 cause the one from the 2.8 was to big and got in the way of the oil filter. Well the holes on the insides of the units are different sizes. For those of you that have done the 3.1 swap, where did you get adapters to get the correct pressure readings?

different cars, computers, engines, sending units = bad readings

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Steve Normington

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 155
Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2004 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steve NormingtonSend a Private Message to Steve NormingtonDirect Link to This Post
One thing you could do is get the oil pressure adapter tube from a 2.8 that has air conditioning. That would put the oil pressure sensor near the battery, so that you could use the Fiero oil pressure adapter.
hellbentkrusty

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2004 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hellbentkrustySend a Private Message to hellbentkrustyDirect Link to This Post
i did mine last year and used stock (air)oil tube&sender tube base hase a flared end so i just needed an adapter to block . LORDCO had mine.

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock